Is Aorus Elite fan audible? And NH 15 with 3950x?

Im going nuts over those small radius fans. It makes me feel nervous. Will they be audible? will they break in X years leaving me in the dust? I plan to stretch my next build for another good 10 years like I did with my last build (im a on fucking q6600 and im going nuts) so I want to upgrade but I do music so im very sensible to noises. I plan to put it inside a Define R6. Will it be audible? I will not be doing OC. And I would like to finally stop having to use speedfan to manually set the fan speed. Can you finally rely on automated fan curves in 2020 instead of having to guarantee you are manually moved whatever thing in a software to keep the temps down?

I was planning on buying the NH 15. I hate having to manually move the fucking thing in a software, I want a reasonable noise depending on the consumption but im also concerned the x3950 goes full retard even when browsing and the fan goes up and down and it's noticeable

But yeah, my main concern is also the shitty onboard fans that theyve put on all boards except one which is too expensive to bother.

Also no liquid cooling or no OC please. Just tell me if its audible or not.

Note that I dont mind the fan going up when gaming modern games, but when im making music, I dont want to be bothered. And no I cant put the case in another room or stuff like that.

2 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

Can you finally rely on automated fan curves in 2020

Yes and no. Just set the fan curve in the BIOS (there usually are premade ones such as as "standard" and "quiet").

5 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

im also concerned the x3950 goes full retard even when browsing and the fan goes up and down and it's noticeable

With a good cooler I doubt it will be noticeable. Temperatures might go up and down, but if they are all within the same fan speed range you will not notice it. The Noctua cooler you are talking about should be good.

For the chipset fan make your choice here:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

28 minutes ago, Nocte said:

Yes and no. Just set the fan curve in the BIOS (there usually are premade ones such as as "standard" and "quiet").

With a good cooler I doubt it will be noticeable. Temperatures might go up and down, but if they are all within the same fan speed range you will not notice it. The Noctua cooler you are talking about should be good.

For the chipset fan make your choice here:

I also saw that video, the Aorus Elite is not there. Also they saw Asus ones are not 0 rpm on idle? so what should I do.

If I need to play a modern game and record it I expect the fan to need to go higher, so I need to go back to the bios back and forth? eeh

Edit: Oh wait, I just realized Aorus Elite is by GB and they mention GB ones have idle mode, I thought Aorus Elite was by Asus.

Anyway, I just hope this is not a big fail. Im tempted to wati for x670 but im going nuts. My muscles hurt from working with such low specs.

Hi Mate,

I have an Aorus Pro Wifi, and find that the fan is only ever on under heavy load, and in that case my GPU, AIO and case fans are much louder anyway.

As for breaking in X years, I've actually been thinking about removing the fan and putting in some passive cooling, so I suppose that is always an option if it does (or just replace the fan for $5).

Cheers,

If you didn't tell me I had a chipset fan I wouldn't even know it.  It may be spinning at over 2k rpm and I still can't hear it.  Everything else is much louder.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.