Laptop suggestion

Hello, I'm looking for a laptop to work on progamming, software development, video editing, photo editing, web creation, app development... What do you recommend me? Dell XPS, MacBook Pro, Lenovo Carbon/Extreme? Other options...

Thanks!

What's your budget?

My ThinkPad E595 was about $800 when I bought it in September, and it's been a fantastic laptop.

The model I got features a Ryzen 5 3500U(4c/8t up to 3.7Ghz), Vega 8 iGPU, 8GB of RAM(upgraded to 16GB), and a 256GB M.2 SSD with space for an additional 2.5" HDD or SSD.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Almost anything with recent mid level specs can do what you want to do. I would go to a store or mall and try all the mobile keyboards you can out and base your laptop decision off which one you can type the fastest/most comfortably on if you plan on doing alot of programming on it.

Side note I tried to make it through school with a Lenovo flex, and probably could've made it work despite the lowish specs, but the awkward miniature layout of the keyboard made programming classes painful (literally) and composition classes near impossible.

12 hours ago, boorjiusss said:

snip

Location? Budget? Any preferences on weight, battery life and display size? Mind low sRGB display and non-upgradeable RAM? Prefer H series or U series CPU?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

13 hours ago, boorjiusss said:

Hello, I'm looking for a laptop to work on progamming, software development, video editing, photo editing, web creation, app development... What do you recommend me? Dell XPS, MacBook Pro, Lenovo Carbon/Extreme? Other options...

Thanks!

What kind of software will you be building?  The 16-inch MacBook Pro is great, particularly for photo/video editing, but you'd get one to write Mac, iOS or Android software.  Not so much Windows apps. ?

On 1/17/2020 at 6:28 AM, genexis_x said:

Location? Budget? Any preferences on weight, battery life and display size? Mind low sRGB display and non-upgradeable RAM? Prefer H series or U series CPU?

Unlimited budget. I do not have preferences, don't know the difference between H or U series GPU

22 hours ago, boorjiusss said:

Unlimited budget. I do not have preferences, don't know the difference between H or U series GPU

‘H’ means that the processor has high performance integrated graphics

‘HK’ means that the processor has high performance integrated graphics and a unlocked multiplier

‘HQ’ refers to high performance integrated graphics and a quad core CPU

‘U’ means that the CPU is meant for ultra low power consumption

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-differences-between-U-M-QM-MQ-and-HQ-processors-of-Intel-to-consider-when-buying-a-laptop

On 1/19/2020 at 2:01 AM, boorjiusss said:

Confirm you have unlimited budget and can accept bulky laptop with short battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128