Different iCUE Lighting Effects during Boot and Lock

lerodemmy

When my PC is booting, or more annoyingly, when I lock it, all of my Corsair stuff has different lighting effects and looks really stupid.  Is there any way to keep my desired lighting effects at all times, specifically while the PC is locked?

CPUIntel Core i9-14900K I GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming I MotherboardAsus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming I RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB I SSDSamsung 980 Pro 2TB I PSUCorsair RM1000x (2021) I Cooler: Corsair iCUE Link H150i I CaseCorsair 5000D Airflow I FansCorsair QX120 x10 Cables: Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB I MouseCorsair Nightsabre Wireless Mouse Pad: Asus ROG Sheath Monitor: Aorus FV43U 

As far as I know, this is only possible with the devices which can save to a hardware profile. So some keyboards, some mice, RAM, fans, etc. I run all Corsair fans in my system off a Node Pro, with 4 lighting strips, and 4 sticks of Dominator Platinum RGB and they all have a hardware lighting option. My keyboard and mouse have hardware profiles that they default to when iCue isn't running. The only things that rainbow vomit without iCue are the mouse pad and headset stand.

corsair.PNG

32 minutes ago, Dayglorange said:

As far as I know, this is only possible with the devices which can save to a hardware profile. So some keyboards, some mice, RAM, fans, etc. I run all Corsair fans in my system off a Node Pro, with 4 lighting strips, and 4 sticks of Dominator Platinum RGB and they all have a hardware lighting option. My keyboard and mouse have hardware profiles that they default to when iCue isn't running. The only things that rainbow vomit without iCue are the mouse pad and headset stand.

corsair.PNG

Weird... I’m only seeing the hardware lighting option for my H100i Platinum SE and its fans, and for my three QL fans.  I’m using a Commander Pro.

The option isn’t there for any of my other RGB devices (K95, K95 Platinum, Glaive, Polaris Dominator Platinum).

Like you, I have four sticks of Dominator Platinum RGB.  Can you please show me a screenshot of the hardware lighting for that?

CPUIntel Core i9-14900K I GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming I MotherboardAsus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming I RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB I SSDSamsung 980 Pro 2TB I PSUCorsair RM1000x (2021) I Cooler: Corsair iCUE Link H150i I CaseCorsair 5000D Airflow I FansCorsair QX120 x10 Cables: Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB I MouseCorsair Nightsabre Wireless Mouse Pad: Asus ROG Sheath Monitor: Aorus FV43U 

On 1/16/2020 at 3:39 AM, lerodemmy said:

Weird... I’m only seeing the hardware lighting option for my H100i Platinum SE and its fans, and for my three QL fans.  I’m using a Commander Pro.

The option isn’t there for any of my other RGB devices (K95, K95 Platinum, Glaive, Polaris Dominator Platinum).

Like you, I have four sticks of Dominator Platinum RGB.  Can you please show me a screenshot of the hardware lighting for that?

For the keyboards/mice, if they are able to save hardware profiles then you will need to create a hardware profile and then save it to the device. They usually come with 3 pre-made profiles already saved to the device (all rainbow vomit default settings). As for the Dominator Platinum, if you have "full software control" enabled they won't save the effects in hardware. If its off, it should save your chosen effect in hardware by default. I have mine set to rain purple/blue and if iCue isn't running, it still displays this.

EDIT: Here's a link to a handy guide for iCUE on the Corsair forums that you might find helpful.

Edited by Dayglorange
added link to corsair guide