FullHD or 4K "Web conferencing" with low latency?

EXTRADODO
Go to solution Solved by Kisai,
4 minutes ago, ZWELINHTET said:

@Kisai Thank you for the advise. I'll be using this as real time face-to-face conferencing for the company.
I don't mind buying expensive stuffs or building a new streaming server by myself but I don't have any info about enterprise equipment for this purpose.
Anywhere or any terms I should be googling?

Cisco WebEx stuff, specifically this: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/webex-desk-pro/datasheet-c78-743105.html

There are also the "meeting room" type of devices.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/webex-room-series/index.html#~room-systems

They likely have to be leased.

Just keep in mind that the enterprise option is very expensive but might be a better option if you have the money. Many techies like to short-cut the costs (eg HDMI capture cards and 4K studio cameras) and these will in fact work with most capture software, provided that you're using something like Teams or WebEx. Teams and WebEx do require a central server so you would be beholden to Microsoft or Cisco for the server. There is a way to make an off-the-shelf RTP server (not RTMP which is what Twitch/Youtube use for one-to-many) do all this too, but I don't think there's much call for this.

Is there any solutions for Web Conferencing Systems with Full HD or higher resolutions with a maximum of 1 sec lag?

Until today, I've been using ZOOM for this purpose but the latency is so high

just like my depression and the resolution is as bad as my look.

I just want to have a nice and smooth meeting with other 3 people in 3 different places

which they already have all that they need like 10GB network, 4K camera, studio like surround sound system.

What we are missing at the moment is a software or a solution to use all of what is needed.
I'm planning for a new office in Tokyo and want to max out the environment of IT related fields.

If there's no limitation on the money to spend on this, what are your suggestions?
Please daddies, I need your help ~

Honestly no idea of something sold as a kit.

I'd approach this problem by getting a HD / 4K camera with hdmi output and a HDMI capture card (preferably one that gives raw capture data to pc, not something compressed on the card). You can configure programs like OBS to stream with low latency with your own streaming server, or use existing conference software.

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Honestly no idea of something sold as a kit.

I'd approach this problem by getting a HD / 4K camera with hdmi output and a HDMI capture card (preferably one that gives raw capture data to pc, not something compressed on the card). You can configure programs like OBS to stream with low latency with your own streaming server, or use existing conference software.

@mariushm I'm sure I'll be needing those but the streaming is where it all stops. I can't use other streaming server because of the traffic that might add 1 sec or more delays onto my already existing delays. I'll look for building own server for this purpose. What are your suggestions on that? Would like to hear from you guys too.

It's not possible unless everyone is in the same office.

Latency is a product of the network connectivity more than the physical hardware on the ends. To get the lowest latency you need to have a server that is approximately central to the three people using it. 

Encoding latency depends on physical hardware. Most "webcam" devices out there are the same cameras that are in your camera phone. So if it has a hardware encoder, it will have lower latency provided that the camera output goes straight to the network connection. If it has to decode it and then re-encode it (eg MS Teams, Jabber, Skype, Discord, etc) then you may as well just buy a HDMI 2.0 capture card and plug a studio video camera in on each end. You'll get 1-2 frames of latency compared to USB which might be several frames.

There are video conferencing solutions (eg Cisco stuff) that are lower latency, but this is much more expensive, and you only get that lower latency by having fiber connections to each participant.

So the question right now is, what tier of streaming you're aiming for. If it's games, then I'd probably use HDMI encoder cards to reduce the latency. If it's real-time face-to-face conferencing in an enterprise environment, you really should use the enterprise equipment.

I'm not up to speed with how Zoom works but with multiple participants I guess point to point between all isn't realistic and it goes through a central server? So best you can hope to do is get that server latency down.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

6 minutes ago, Kisai said:

It's not possible unless everyone is in the same office.

Latency is a product of the network connectivity more than the physical hardware on the ends. To get the lowest latency you need to have a server that is approximately central to the three people using it. 

Encoding latency depends on physical hardware. Most "webcam" devices out there are the same cameras that are in your camera phone. So if it has a hardware encoder, it will have lower latency provided that the camera output goes straight to the network connection. If it has to decode it and then re-encode it (eg MS Teams, Jabber, Skype, Discord, etc) then you may as well just buy a HDMI 2.0 capture card and plug a studio video camera in on each end. You'll get 1-2 frames of latency compared to USB which might be several frames.

There are video conferencing solutions (eg Cisco stuff) that are lower latency, but this is much more expensive, and you only get that lower latency by having fiber connections to each participant.

So the question right now is, what tier of streaming you're aiming for. If it's games, then I'd probably use HDMI encoder cards to reduce the latency. If it's real-time face-to-face conferencing in an enterprise environment, you really should use the enterprise equipment.

@Kisai Thank you for the advise. I'll be using this as real time face-to-face conferencing for the company.
I don't mind buying expensive stuffs or building a new streaming server by myself but I don't have any info about enterprise equipment for this purpose.

4 minutes ago, ZWELINHTET said:

Cisco WebEx stuff, specifically this: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/webex-desk-pro/datasheet-c78-743105.html

There are also the "meeting room" type of devices.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/webex-room-series/index.html#~room-systems

They likely have to be leased.

Just keep in mind that the enterprise option is very expensive but might be a better option if you have the money. Many techies like to short-cut the costs (eg HDMI capture cards and 4K studio cameras) and these will in fact work with most capture software, provided that you're using something like Teams or WebEx. Teams and WebEx do require a central server so you would be beholden to Microsoft or Cisco for the server. There is a way to make an off-the-shelf RTP server (not RTMP which is what Twitch/Youtube use for one-to-many) do all this too, but I don't think there's much call for this.

16 hours ago, Kisai said:

Thanks you so much. ❤️ 

16 hours ago, Kisai said:

I guess I'll be using the ready-to-go stuffs with expensive option this year. But I would like to try building a server too.
Where should I look for the RTP server that you mentioned?

The 3 offices that I want to connect are Tokyo, Osaka and Fukuoka.
If I were to build a server for this purpose, I should choose Osaka which happens to be in the middle of everything, right?

5 minutes ago, ZWELINHTET said:

Thanks you so much. ❤️ 

I guess I'll be using the ready-to-go stuffs with expensive option this year. But I would like to try building a server too.
Where should I look for the RTP server that you mentioned?

The 3 offices that I want to connect are Tokyo, Osaka and Fukuoka.
If I were to build a server for this purpose, I should choose Osaka which happens to be in the middle of everything, right?

I'd pick whichever is connection-wise central, so that maybe Osaka. You'd have to run some network tests to see which location has the shortest route.

One open source RTP server is https://github.com/AGProjects/sylkserver or http://sylkserver.com/

It's not easy to setup, and I haven't personally done so.