What was your favourite film of 2019, and why?

ImNewt

I'm interested to see what you guys will say. I'm currently undecided myself.

Velvet Buzzsaw

I dunno, I'm feeling artsy about this one. I haven't seen many movies in 2019, but this one really grabbed my attention for being really bizarre and unexpectedly funny. And Jake Gyllenhaal is incredible in that movie. One of his best roles for sure...

Parasite. I rarely watch Korean movies but that was amazing. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6751668/

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

obviously Avengers: Endgame 

Just now, GenericFanboy said:

Have you watched the anime? 

No, I am not into Anime.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

haven´t watched that much...

but Ford Vs Ferrari (did see avengers and so on), and the series is Chernobyl

Ford vs. Ferrari just hit a personal note for me, when looking at Ken Miles, the fight between actual value and knowledge, and the management.

How we don´t really praise actual achievement, it is all about showmanship.

Liked Avengers, but for me it was just pure fluff, it was REALLY Great effects, great action, great cast. so a really great experience, but that was it.. like a GREAT rollercoaster ride.

Ford vs. Ferrari, hands down.

I'm yet to watch some of the big hits of the year like Parasite and The Irishman, but i'm not sure they would surpass F vs. F for me, sure i hyped it when i saw the trailers and i hoped it would be good, thankfully it was.

The story flows so well in this movie, i watched the movie for the first time with a friend that is as much of a car guy as i am and his girlfriend, who wasn't a "car girl" at all, even she loved the movie.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Totally, and completely 100% not biased answer

Godzilla: King of the Monsters.  Look at my freaking username.  I'm a huge Godzilla fan.  I loved every second of the movie.

Followed closely by Avengers: Endgame and Detective Pikachu.

I was satisfied with the conclusion to the MCU.  (I mean, yes, Disney is trying to milk it now), but I'm talking up to Endgame.  I enjoyed it.

With Detective Pikachu, it showed that a video game movie doesn't have to be bad.  That yes, you can make a good one. I've seen it a few times since, and I have fun every time.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Every Marvel movies that came out that year.

Honestly, I haven't watched many movies that year... other than the marvel stuff because I'm too far deep into the whole thing to turn back now, having seen every Marvel cinematic universe movies so far. (I give zero fuck about the TV series though, unless they start influencing the movies in some way)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Unpopular opinion: Spider-Man FFH was better than endgame 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Almost all movies I saw in 2019 did not come out in 2019.

But I have to say:

Joker

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

A chinese movie called "Ne Zha" that's just the pinyin without accents but whatever

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

I was going to try and be funny -- well, my version of funny anyways *cough* -- but ehh..for real, my favourite movie of 2019 is probably Joker. I really loved their take on Joker's origins, regardless of how it actually fits in canon or not. I like to read alternate universe - comics of Batman, Superman and the likes, so it didn't bother me as much as some.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

7 hours ago, Shreyas1 said:

Unpopular opinion: Spider-Man FFH was better than endgame 

I actually agree with you. I just didn't enjoy Endgame as much as everyone else seemed to. The guy who plays Spider-Man now, can't remember his name, fits the role exceedingly well and I've thoroughly enjoyed the movies with him. So much better than that emoguy-spidey....!

emospidey.gif.75695537064ff7044afb2725dd2a9eec.gif

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

John Wick 3, followed by Far From Home

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

Rocketman?  I don't even remember what movies came out last year.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

21 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

I don't even remember what movies came out last year.

I know the feeling. Actually, most of the time I can't remember what happened yesterday, let alone details like what year it is or what came out this year! Hell, I can't even remember how old I am.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I know the feeling. Actually, most of the time I can't remember what happened yesterday, let alone details like what year it is or what came out this year! Hell, I can't even remember how old I am.

I once actually did forget how old I was.  A friend asked me how old I was, and I said XX, and she said wait, weren't you 3 years older than her, I said yeah...I think.  Oh, I got my age wrong....

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Knives out was a pretty good movie, very refreshing

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

i didnt go to the cinema last year, but i did see a film or two. if i have to name one...spiderverse, i guess

im more interested in tv shows, or "online tv shows". chernobyl is the best.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!