Can someone help me determine TBW for my ssd?

tom2232

Hi! I am owner of Crucial BX100 250GB ssd for 4.5 years already. 
I wanted to determine how much worn out this ssd is so before i start i will tell you what i used this ssd for:
Windows 10,thats it. I am using pc mostly for games but i store them on hdd anyway. 
I've ran few programs to see TBW and overall state of drive but its confusing and doesnt make sense for me,check it out:
Official crucial storage executive software,crystal disc,and hwinfo. https://imgur.com/a/JCVi6Jh
My questions are:
Why Hwinfo is showing 390 gb write while other's show around 55 TB
This drive TBW is about 72 TB so if 55 TB is used why i have 84-87% of life left?
If 55TB is true,how could only windows ruin it that much?
thanks in advance for any help

3 minutes ago, tom2232 said:

Why Hwinfo is showing 390 gb write while other's show around 55 TB

hwinfo shows writes since last bootup, others show total on the drive.

4 minutes ago, tom2232 said:

This drive TBW is about 72 TB so if 55 TB is used why i have 84-87% of life left?

Drive should handle 3x or more of the rating easily, and no blocks have started to fail, you got a while.

4 minutes ago, tom2232 said:

f 55TB is true,how could only windows ruin it that much?

Thats seems like the normal for a windows boot drive. And really don't worry about drive writes on a ssd

10 minutes ago, tom2232 said:

If 55TB is true,how could only windows ruin it that much?

Because you're using the computer. Every time you go on the web, the browser downloads temporary files. Every time you launch an app, the app may generate temporary files or update others. Every time you use the computer in general, data gets passed around in RAM and the page file as part of memory management operations. The only way to lower the rate at which you use the SSD is to alter how you use the computer.

But to put in another perspective, you've had the SSD for 4.5 years, but you've only used 15% of its life. This means at the rate you're going, the drive will be exhausted in another 20 or so years. If you've kept the same drive for that long as a primary drive, you deserve a medal.

ive had ssd's 7+ years old still working with way more TB writes and nands are still 100% honestly way ssd's are under actual normal use.. have a higher chance of the controller crapping before the nands would (had this happen on certain brands) other wise ive never killed a ssd at a nand level in my life. of course if use it as a scratch device for editing and rendering stuff then yeah the nands would crap really early.

Okay i am less worried about my ssd,thanks again for help