New Headphoens

ZaTrox
Go to solution Solved by rice guru,

the most easily available headphone for the price point thats hreat for gaming is the cooler master mh 752

Hi all,

So my HyperX Cloud Revolvers just broke after 2 - 3 years of service, and am in a market for new Headphones, any suggestions? my budget is up to £100, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in headphones for like £30 - £50. I've been looking at Razer Kraken X, but I'm not sure if it's a good buy.

(mic is mandatory as I often play with my mates)

Thanks to all willing to help.

razer and corsair were the most frequent returns for damage when I worked retail, hyperX is probably the best bet unless you wanna double your budget for quality senheisers or astros.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

13 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

razer and corsair were the most frequent returns for damage when I worked retail, hyperX is probably the best bet unless you wanna double your budget for quality senheisers or astros.

Fair enough, but honestly I don't really want to buy another pair of HyperXs, a bit too gamer-ish, especially since at work we are allowed to listen to music and I'd rather not have another pair of headphones that scream GAMER to my boss and colleagues. (yes, I will be buying earphones for my work, I've just been a bit lazy about it.... for the past year and a half xD)

1 minute ago, ZaTrox said:

Fair enough, but honestly I don't really want to buy another pair of HyperXs, a bit too gamer-ish, especially since at work we are allowed to listen to music and I'd rather not have another pair of headphones that scream GAMER to my boss and colleagues. (yes, I will be buying earphones for my work, I've just been a bit lazy about it.... for the past 1 and a half xD)

Just be honest with your boss and say "I prefer high quality audio" and put on some rgb gaming cat ears

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

I think that it's a common misconception that you need to buy a gaming headset to game as most of them simply have poor audio quality when compared to a regular competitor. So anyways, here is a list of the best headphones under £100

Best headphones under under £100 ($130 USD) include:

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro (Closed back)

Beyerdynamic DT 880 (Semi-Open)

Sennheiser HD559 (Open back)

Sennheiser HD579 (Open back)

Massdrop x Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee (Open back)

Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE4XX (Open back)

Just now, KnowledgeByTech said:

I think that it's a common misconception that you need to buy a gaming headset to game as most of them simply have poor audio quality when compared to a regular competitor. So anyways, here is a list of the best headphones under £100

Best headphones under under £100 ($130 USD) include:

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro (Closed back)

Beyerdynamic DT 880 (Semi-Open)

Sennheiser HD559 (Open back)

Sennheiser HD579 (Open back)

Massdrop x Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee (Open back)

Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE4XX (Open back)

That's why I didn't ask for gaming headsets, and the only reason why I looked at Razor is cause I thought it might be a good starting point. Anyway, thanks for the list, I will go through and see what I like.

I honestly love my hyper x cloud 2 headphones as they have nice quality sound and are super comfortable. You can even remove the mic so they look more like normal headphones. 

Most of that list is above your budget and don't have a mic, so clouds are probably going to be your most reasonable option

the most easily available headphone for the price point thats hreat for gaming is the cooler master mh 752

6 hours ago, EmoRarity said:

Most of that list is above your budget and don't have a mic, so clouds are probably going to be your most reasonable option

Yeah, I noticed that, but went to sleep so didn't comment.

6 hours ago, rice guru said:

Uuu, I saw you comment on a lot of posts like this, and yeah, it looks like they will be my best option. If nobody else comments on this post with additional suggestion, I'll go buy cooler master mh752. Thanks

7 hours ago, ZaTrox said:

Yeah, those or the clouds, due to budget you don't have a ton of choice.

5 hours ago, EmoRarity said:

Yeah, those or the clouds, due to budget you don't have a ton of choice.

19 hours ago, rice guru said:

One last question, I've been doing some more research and I found these Logitech G PRO X Gaming Headset for only £10 over my budget, how do they compare against mh752?

2 hours ago, ZaTrox said:

One last question, I've been doing some more research and I found these Logitech G PRO X Gaming Headset for only £10 over my budget, how do they compare against mh752?

Not sure I haven't tried them yet

Your picking a gaming headset my man. It's like picking a sub model of f150. Yes some have more leather and comes with free blow jobs. Buts it's still a pickup and if you want a tool that does a specific job better you need to look elsewhere.

5 hours ago, ZaTrox said:

#secondguessing

5 hours ago, EmoRarity said:

Your picking a gaming headset my man. It's like picking a sub model of f150. Yes some have more leather and comes with free blow jobs. Buts it's still a pickup and if you want a tool that does a specific job better you need to look elsewhere.

I'm second guessing myself cause the MH752 are out of stock on amazon, until 21st xD

EDIT: Nevermind, the seller i wanted to buy from just removed their listing, i guess I will buy them from someone else, thanks for help guys