Witch Monitor? Benq Vs Asus

aeon187

Your link doesn't appear to work for me, it just takes me to the homepage.

BenQ XL2720T

3 Year warranty

vs

ASUS VG248QE

2 Year warranty

I would get the Asus VG28QE. It has a higher refresh rate (although 120hz vs 144hz is probably pretty marginal) and you can practically get 2 for the same price of a BenQ. Also, 24 inch is the perfect size for 1080p, 27 inch seems too large for a 1080p display.

Well do you really really want a 27 inch monitor? If so I think the better comparison would be between the Benq xl2720 and the Asus vg27he. That being said I recently was in your decision choosing between benq xl2420 and asus vg24qe. I chose the vg24qe simply because it is cheaper and has a faster refresh rate and I love it. Im running the light boost hack to further reduce motion blur. 

That being said BenQ is a FANTASTIC monitor company, they are THE supported monitor for MLG. But that being said it is more expensive but it comes with some nice features like the settings hub to change your settings on the fly (but from what I have heard people only use it for changing preset settings). It also comes with the black equalizer that allows you to take advantage of seeing more objects in the darkness which is really nice for FPS comopetive play or seeing things in fog of war and such.

Its all dependent on if your willing to spend the extra money for benq, but either monitor you choose are fantastic. 

Hmm, I just got an ASUS VG248QE and it says "3 year warranty" on the box.  From the reviews I've seen, the BenQ has better contrast and color setup out of the box, but after calibration, this ASUS looks perfect to me.

I suppose a 27" display would be better for 3D since it would fill more of your field of vision at the same distance (but 24" is still pretty darn big.)

AMD FX8350 • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula Z • GeForce GTX 780 + 660 Ti x3 • Cooler Master HAF X • ASUS VG248QE 144Hz LCD+GSYNC • Corsair AX860i

Logitech G19 / MX518 • G.Skill RipjawZ 1866 4x4GB • Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD • WD 1TB Black SATA IIIx2 • Noctua NH-D15

I've heard that the asus can have pretty bad gamma and not the sharpest colours on it. The BenQ is overpriced imo but probably a little better. If you are going for 3D most of the function on the BenQ are moot, but both have lightboost for brighter 3d so no difference there. I would pick the asus

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd