Uplay Download Speed Capped at 10mbps.

So I noticed that my Uplay download speeds were consistently at 10mbps. They never go above or below that speed, never. This leads me to believe the my internet of 150mbps can support more download speed, but it simply won't. I've run a few test with downloading from different services and they all report the same exact download speeds. The only app that isn't affected is the Microsoft store. That being said, I'm lead to believe this has to do with permissions. I tried running as an admin, but it didn't work. Help pls! I just want to download siege quickly!

Hello and welcome.

My speeds were around 60MB/s earlier today.  Check that you don't have a cap set in Uplay under Settings > Network.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Are you sure you are not comparing MB and Mb?

1 MB = 8 Mb.

Your ISP and speedtest.net for example report in Mb, megabit.

Many places you download from (like Steam and possible Uplay) report in MB.

That means 10MB = 80Mb, which is still not 150Mb, but at least closer to it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

6 hours ago, minibois said:

Are you sure you are not comparing MB and Mb?

1 MB = 8 Mb.

Your ISP and speedtest.net for example report in Mb, megabit.

Many places you download from (like Steam and possible Uplay) report in MB.

That means 10MB = 80Mb, which is still not 150Mb, but at least closer to it.

Ok, so you just kind of blew my mind. So basically, it’s been fine the whole time? Damn, kinda wish everyone would use the same standards. Thanks for the info. :)

2 hours ago, TopShagger said:

Ok, so you just kind of blew my mind. So basically, it’s been fine the whole time? Damn, kinda wish everyone would use the same standards. Thanks for the info. :)

It would really be great if everyone used either MB or Mb. But I can see why they don't.

To someone like Steam, MB is more relevant, since it takes up space on your hard drive.. this bytes.

But to your ISP they want to show you the highest speed possible. Plus there are some packet reasons why Mb makes more sense.

Speedtest just follows the ISP to avoid a but of confusion... But it could be better.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/