Windows to linus RDP

Ive done this the other way around and used Remmia to remote into Windows machines but can figure out how to do it from windows to a debian based linux I dont wanna use any 3rd party software any ideas?

Just now, Kon-Tiki said:

XRDP running as a Server on your Linux machine should work.

I believe ive tryed that and no good do you have a guide to follow because the one I looked at didnt work out for me.

You want to remote desktop from Windows into Linux? Why don't you want to use third party software? I don't believe there is 1st party software that will allow this. XRDP is third party software.

There are many options though - do you need a full desktop, or just access to the system? SSH is probably the easiest, but doesn't give you a full desktop, just the terminal.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

21 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You want to remote desktop from Windows into Linux? Why don't you want to use third party software? I don't believe there is 1st party software that will allow this. XRDP is third party software.

There are many options though - do you need a full desktop, or just access to the system? SSH is probably the easiest, but doesn't give you a full desktop, just the terminal.

It will need to be full desktop and I mean like license required 3rd party.

6 minutes ago, Toxic_Fate said:

It will need to be full desktop and I mean like license required 3rd party.

By "License required third party" do you mean "Paid"? So you want something that's free?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

By "License required third party" do you mean "Paid"? So you want something that's free?

I understand it as open source and within the standard repositories of Debian (no EULA, "Would you like to upgrade to PRO..." and the like as it is with Teamviewer, VNC, ...)

13 minutes ago, Toxic_Fate said:

Xrdp let me connect but I didnt see the same thing on both screens.

What do you mean with "on both screens"? You mean on the remote connection and on the monitor plugged into your Debian machine?

36 minutes ago, Kon-Tiki said:

I understand it as open source and within the standard repositories of Debian (no EULA, "Would you like to upgrade to PRO..." and the like as it is with Teamviewer, VNC, ...)

What do you mean with "on both screens"? You mean on the remote connection and on the monitor plugged into your Debian machine?

Yes sorry

46 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Correct my good sir