Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Toxic_Fate

R5 3600 On B450

On 1/16/2020 at 8:46 AM, trevb0t said:

Let us know!

It worked w/o bios update 

 

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

My job is letting me build my own pc because the one they provided me day 1 I kill with the processes I run daily. So I put a build together I need to know if Ill need to update the Bios on a b450 to use my R5 3600 in and if so can I use Athlon 3000g to do the upgrade ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

As boggy said, you can get a MAX board from MSI (I would recommend the tomahawk or the gaming plus if you need to save as much $ as possible). iirc AMD also has a bios update program where they send you a loaner athlon 200g to update the bios for ryzen 3000 on b450 and other motherboards. Although that can be kinda a hastle


hahaha I have depression haha lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, Retro_R said:

As boggy said, you can get a MAX board from MSI (I would recommend the tomahawk or the gaming plus if you need to save as much $ as possible). iirc AMD also has a bios update program where they send you a loaner athlon 200g to update the bios for ryzen 3000 on b450 and other motherboards. Although that can be kinda a hastle

Both of these are ATX boards I already have a ITX board as well as case ive already ordered the parts I just need to know if I can update the bios with a Athlon 3000g which I have at home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Toxic_Fate said:

Both of these are ATX boards I already have a ITX board as well as case ive already ordered the parts I just need to know if I can update the bios with a Athlon 3000g which I have at home.

Probably not.  You want to upgrade the BIOS to be able to use a 3xxx series by using a 3xxx series to do so?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Toxic_Fate said:

Both of these are ATX boards I already have a ITX board as well as case ive already ordered the parts I just need to know if I can update the bios with a Athlon 3000g which I have at home.

I'm not sure. I think that those apus can work with b450, but i'm not sure. If you want to make sure something will work, I would look at the AMD bios update program here.


hahaha I have depression haha lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Lorant said:

Probably not.  You want to upgrade the BIOS to be able to use a 3xxx series by using a 3xxx series to do so?

 

 

I figured maybe since that cpu is also 14mm architecture?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
52 minutes ago, Retro_R said:

I'm not sure. I think that those apus can work with b450, but i'm not sure. If you want to make sure something will work, I would look at the AMD bios update program here.

This is my part list

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Toxic_Fate said:

This is my part list

 

you're missing a gpu. the 660p is quite slow. the psu is bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Dont need a GPU for my workstation needs all CPU intensive tasks

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

the ryzen 5 3600 doesn't have an integrated gpu. so you need a bare minimum gpu to display.

something like this maybe?

Oh yeah I have a qaudro 600 im taking out of the pc I currently use.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you go to the manufacturers website and search your board you can download the bios and as long as you have the working cpu in for that version you can usually extract the files on gigabytes or some other way for other manufacturers and put it on a flash drive then spam delete on reboot or the q-flash key and select the drive and click update. You can simply just look up how to install new bios on youtube but sadly i'm on a school chromebook in math right now so you know i can't send the link to the video but i did the bios update on an x570 by gigabyte

Link to post
Share on other sites

Purchase something like this and reuse ur Quadro 600.

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($324.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($124.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($124.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Silverstone SG13 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($57.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($35.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $808.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-15 22:32 EST-0500


SSD TIER LIST

 

PRIMARY PC

Ryzen 7 3700X - ASRock X470 Taichi - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TB - MSI GeForce GTX980Ti LIGHTNING - Fractal Design Meshify C - Super Flower Leadex ll Gold 650 Watt

 

SECONDARY PC

Xeon X5680 - Asus SABERTOOTH X58 - Crucial (4x2 1333MHz) - Crucial MX500 500GB - Sapphire RX580 Pulse - Cougar MX330 - EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650 Watt

 

LAPTOP

Acer Nitro 5 - 7300HQ - 16GB DDR4 2133MHz - GTX 1050Ti - Intel 600p Series 256GB - Samsung 860 Evo 1TB

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 hours ago, VEXICUS said:

Purchase something like this and reuse ur Quadro 600.

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($324.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($124.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($124.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Silverstone SG13 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($57.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($35.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $808.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-15 22:32 EST-0500

Like I said above already bout all the parts there in shipping.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Toxic_Fate said:

Its Mini Itx the build I already had the parts picked out let me see what mobo I chose.

There aren't currently any B450 ITX boards that come stock with Zen 2 BIOS. That said the B450I Gaming Plus ITX is a solid choice if you can find an older Ryzen chip to slap in there for a BIOS update. (AMD does have a loaner program, but that will take a while.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Toxic_Fate said:

Both of these are ATX boards I already have a ITX board as well as case ive already ordered the parts I just need to know if I can update the bios with a Athlon 3000g which I have at home.

23 hours ago, Lorant said:

Probably not.  You want to upgrade the BIOS to be able to use a 3xxx series by using a 3xxx series to do so?

 

 

21 hours ago, Toxic_Fate said:

I figured maybe since that cpu is also 14mm architecture?

An interesting question. Athlon 3000G is on the first gen Zen microarchitecture from what I'm reading. So.. Possibly?

That said, the 3200/3400G are also a gen behind on Zen+ and (as far as I know) still require the BIOS for 3rd Gen Ryzen either way. 

So I'd bet that it's not going to take the Athlon 3000G at stock BIOS either. 

I would be interested to see if you're able to do so!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

An interesting question. Athlon 3000G is on the first gen Zen microarchitecture from what I'm reading. So.. Possibly?

That said, the 3200/3400G are also a gen behind on Zen+ and (as far as I know) still require the BIOS for 3rd Gen Ryzen either way. 

So I'd bet that it's not going to take the Athlon 3000G at stock BIOS either. 

I would be interested to see if you're able to do so!

 

Yeah honestly im just hoping that I dont need a bios update to get things working i will update it after their working ofcourse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toxic_Fate said:

Yeah honestly im just hoping that I dont need a bios update to get things working i will update it after their working ofcourse.

Let us know!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×