SSD keeps disconnecting

muth

Hello,

So my ssd keeps disconnecting, it’s internal OS drive but suddenly windows 10 froze and i got a blue screen (Unfortunately I didn’t get the error code) and now I am stuck on “preparing windows repair” loop... I’ve tried cmd solutions, but when searching for the ssd it doesn’t show up.

Also tried different sata cable.

i got the ssd out and tried with external enclosure on a laptop it shows up, but it disconnects after few minutes...

Does this mean that the ssd is bad?

If so how can i recover my data?

How old is the SSD? It might have gone bad, depending on the manufacturer and warranty you can sometimes have all your data recovered by them.

I’ve had it since 18 jan 2016, so I’ve had it for almost 4 years...

Is it a common problem with ssd to die faster than a regular hdd? because i have an old hdd I’ve had it for more than 7 years and it’s still working fine...

ive had controllers die on some ssd's for no reason after so many years some times those will fail way before the nand does also seen some drives use no chip cooling aka thermal pad and some just use anti vibration pads in place of one (looking at you intel 300 series) which could cause it to fail faster.. i have a 7 year old one does that. but for me i don't even know if it was the ssd or my motherboard. i wont ever know since the motherboard caught on fire one day. (not saying that's the case so don't panic of course of the board being on fire lmao the system was as old as the ssd)