Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JelloBeat

Best thermal paste for 9900K with AIO cooling?

Posted · Original PosterOP

What is the best thermal paste for 9900K with Kraken X72 on top of it? (The original paste has been in use for over a year now) 

Best that I would actually use would be kryonaut, but it’s expensive. I went from kryonaut to noctua NTH1 and havent really noticed a difference. 

I can recommend all above, Kryonaut will yield the lowest temps though. But between Noctua NT-H1 and Kryonaut there is hardly a difference. You could also try the new NT-H2. I can recommend just putting a dot in the middle about the size of a grain of maiz when using NZXT X72 (I use X62)

CPU: Intel i7 9700K@5.3GHz SC/DC, 5.1GHz QC, 5.0Ghz All core, AVX offset 0| Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero | RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 2x8gb@3600Mhz 14-14-14-29, 1N, 1.45V| 

PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Mon: Samsung C27HG70 27" 144Hz Freesync - G-Sync compatible(ish) | GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC Black Edition w/ G12 bracket | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | 

Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout | Storage: Corsair MP510 960gb | Cooling: CPU: Kraken X62 - GPU: Kraken X42 - both with Noctua NF-A14's |

Ryzen rig for LAN/Backup

Ditto what everyone else said.

Most pastes will only differ by a few degrees, 10 tops, performance wise.

What might make a difference is the longevity of it. I've had Mx-4 in a couple systems for over a year without issue. 

I've had a couple times I've swapped coolers but had to use generic paste from the local shop and it dried & crumbled within months. 

Tl;dr - just stick to anything with a name brand. Arctic 5, MX-4, Noctua, Cooler Master, Kryonaut etc.