Saving Movies To Dvds

Jay123

If I buy these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Verbatim-43522-16x-DVD-R-Spindle/dp/B00097CCZK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3HE27JDOPUYVW&coliid=IZV2E7UBWNKNV

will I be able to simply drag and drop movie files from my PC onto them (providing there is enough space) and then play them in a DVD player? How simple is this to do as it is my Grandad who will be playing them?

"An Excellent Signature"

You will need to use software to make the files into a DVD format then burn it, windows includes Windows DVD Maker which I've used a couple of times and it's worked perfectly albeit a bit slow.  It lets you create a menu on the DVD so your grandad shouldn't have a problem using the DVD.

There is alternative software out there and to just name a few: Nero, Any DVD Converter, Tmpgenc Authoring Works but they are all paid software.

For CD's and DVD's, you wont be able to drag and drop like a pc with hard drives, you will have to burn them to the CD/DVD first, what takes time, depending on the format you use, and the link you send are only recordable so once you use it you wont be able to use it again.

i would recommend, if your Grandad has a newer DVD player that has a USB input, to use that, this way its just drag and drop onto the USB and then plug it into the DVD player and away you go.

I would recommend, if your Grandad has a newer DVD player that has a USB input, to use that, this way its just drag and drop onto the USB and then plug it into the DVD player and away you go.

Never even thought of that, definitely a much better solution than burning individual DVD's.

Unfortunately, his DVD player does not have USB and while a HTCP is usually the best option I doubt he would fork out for one as he doesn't watch many films.

"An Excellent Signature"

Unfortunately, his DVD player does not have USB and while a HTCP is usually the best option I doubt he would fork out for one as he doesn't watch many films.

Maybe it might be best to invest in one, i dont think there very expensive these days and it will be alot faster than burning and he will understand how to do it much easier :P

But if you wanted to stick to DVD then look for a DVD-RW, with RW meaning re Writable, so you burn on it over and over agian