WiFi placement

Hi all

Looking for info on WiFi access point placement. We have Meraki Cisco Mr33 Wave 2 Access Point (3 Radios, 2.4Ghz And 5Ghz, Dual-Band, WIDSWIPS, 802.11Ac, Poe). License NOT Included https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N7RWVA6/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_EFFhEb6J9ZXQX a d today I heard someone mention that they should be placed at least 20ft away from people. I find this a bit odd but hoped to ask an expert or two if this is true and can you point me in the direction of credible info to show work if true or not. 

2 hours ago, Dave west said:

Hi all

Looking for info on WiFi access point placement. We have Meraki Cisco Mr33 Wave 2 Access Point (3 Radios, 2.4Ghz And 5Ghz, Dual-Band, WIDSWIPS, 802.11Ac, Poe). License NOT Included https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N7RWVA6/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_EFFhEb6J9ZXQX a d today I heard someone mention that they should be placed at least 20ft away from people. I find this a bit odd but hoped to ask an expert or two if this is true and can you point me in the direction of credible info to show work if true or not. 

I have never heard something like that so I'm going with no, it is not true. But maybe if the AP puts out a lot of power (but Not the amount that an in-building wifi AP could put out)

3 hours ago, Dave west said:

I find this a bit odd but hoped to ask an expert or two if this is true and can you point me in the direction of credible info to show work if true or not. 

This is completely false and the only info you'll find is likely peddling "wifi iz evil" falsehoods behind it.

There is an FCC warning on the external APs that mentions 20cm distance between operator and radio, and this was on a random google search that only showed up once on a single non-official site which seemed to have ripped a manual from a long discontinued product so take that for what you will.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: