favorite game of the decade

Hey guys, just wondering what games made your decade better? I'd have to say clash of clans, pokemon black, and wii sports resort as these games got me into more serious PC ones. Doesn't have to be released this decade, just what did you enjoy the most these past years? (Yes I know I'm a little late to the new decade thing)

???

PC: 

i5 8400 - RTX 2060 - Strix B360-I - Thermaltake 240mm AIO - 16GB Vengeance RGB PRO - CRYSTAL 280X - HD Plex 400w AC/DC Converter

CUSTOM KEYBOARD:

Gmmk Pro  - Gateron ink Black v2 lubed and filmed - GMK Red Samurai - PC plate - Zeal stabs

DAILY TECH:

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Smartwatch - Galaxy A70 - Bose QC Earbuds - Bose SoundLink Wireless - Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 

I played way too much fallout 4

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Forza Motorsport 4,7 and Minecraft

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

Hmmm, hard for me to just choose one, so I will just give the few that stick the most in my head that I recall having a lot of fun playing this past decade.

Most recent:

Monster Hunter World - I like the gameplay and the QoL improvements from previous MH games.  Just the right amount of challenge too, and I find a good chunk of the monster a blast to hunt.  Also, I just love the level of detail on the monsters and environment. 

Subnautica - I really dig the free exploring in the game.   Also, the sounds and ambiance in the game is great. 

PS2 era game and its remaster:

Okami/Okami HD - Really dig the art style and the lore based on Japanese myth.  The gameplay is a blast as well.  Plus, I like the traditional Japanese inspire music too.  

PS4:

Horizon Zero Dawn - stunning visuals and beautiful environments.  The gameplay I found very enjoyable as well.  The story is just unique enough that I found it interesting and wanted to know more.

Platformers:

Ori and the Blind Forest - gorgeous 2D art and the sound track, holy darn the sound track.  Tight controls for the gameplay and challenging platforming.

JRPG:

Xenoblade Chronicles - large JRPG with an interesting take for a combat system.  I found the gameplay fun and the bosses a blast.  A lot of content too with main story line and all those side quests.  Considering this ran on the Wii, I found the field of view and draw distance impressive at the time for what it was running on.  (can't wait for its remaster on the Switch)

City Building:

Cities: Skylines - after such a big disappointment in the reboot of Sim City, I thought I never play a good city builder again.  Thank goodness this one showed up.  I greatly enjoy this city builder, especially since the day one mod support.  Plus, I find trying to manage the traffic an interesting challenge.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

12 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Hmmm, hard for me to just choose one, so I will just give the few that stick the most in my head that I recall having a lot of fun playing this past decade.

Most recent:

Monster Hunter World - I like the gameplay and the QoL improvements from previous MH games.  Just the right amount of challenge too, and I find a good chunk of the monster a blast to hunt.  Also, I just love the level of detail on the monsters and environment. 

Subnautica - I really dig the free exploring in the game.   Also, the sounds and ambiance in the game is great. 

PS2 era game and its remaster:

Okami/Okami HD - Really dig the art style and the lore based on Japanese myth.  The gameplay is a blast as well.  Plus, I like the traditional Japanese inspire music too.  

PS4:

Horizon Zero Dawn - stunning visuals and beautiful environments.  The gameplay I found very enjoyable as well.  The story is just unique enough that I found it interesting and wanted to know more.

Platformers:

Ori and the Blind Forest - gorgeous 2D art and the sound track, holy darn the sound track.  Tight controls for the gameplay and challenging platforming.

JRPG:

Xenoblade Chronicles - large JRPG with an interesting take for a combat system.  I found the gameplay fun and the bosses a blast.  A lot of content too with main story line and all those side quests.  Considering this ran on the Wii, I found the field of view and draw distance impressive at the time for what it was running on.  (can't wait for its remaster on the Switch)

City Building:

Cities: Skylines - after such a big disappointment in the reboot of Sim City, I thought I never play a good city builder again.  Thank goodness this one showed up.  I greatly enjoy this city builder, especially since the day one mod support.  Plus, I find trying to manage the traffic an interesting challenge.

A game a lot like subnautica you might like is breathedge.  Sort of subnautica in space where it’s easier to die and filled with dark humor.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

when did portal 2 come out?  whatever decade it came out in, it was the best.

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte x470 Ultra Gaming

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

2x8 Corsair LPX Vengeance 2933

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

Image result for portal 2

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

Skyrim (having it on every single fucking console under the damn sun and still getting sales is nothing to sneeze at)

Fire Emblem Awakening (brought back the series from what was going to be a last hoorah!)

Pokemon HGSS (shows how remakes can be done well rather than as direct updates)

Dark Souls (bringing back not just the difficulty of older games, but also the learned adaptation that has been missing in games for a while)

Taimamin Asa--- Huniepop (bringing weebdom to the masses as a meme)

Don't @ me

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

e-sport: starcraft 2, no contest

game: MHW, last i played a MH was MHP3rdG in 2013 on my PSP. its been far too long and MHW made me feel like a kid again

Age of Empires II HD and the Definitive Edition that was just released in November this year.

Minecraft

13 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Driver: San Francisco. There’s legitimately nothing like it. It’s weird as fuck story-wise and its gameplay is real fun. Pick a copy up on the Xbox 360 or PS3.

There's a PC version you can get without needing uPlay...

While the driving itself is fantastic, the mission gameplay gets a bit repetitive. The "movie" missions were cool though.

I'd have to go with some typical things. Yakuza 0, Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn had a cool story, some fun and immersive gameplay if you turn off all the HUD and ungodly amazingly good sound.

Me and a buddy sank literally thousands of hours into Battlefield 4.

I really enjoyed Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided. I adore Fez and deeply lament the fact it'll never have a sequel. MGSV was pretty fun to play. Recently got Axiom Verge and The Messenger free on EGS, those were surprisingly good.

I'd have to take a good hard look and really think about which game from the entire decade is my favorite.

#Muricaparrotgang

Uncharted series and The Last of Us

Tomb Raider

Spec Ops:  The Line

Medal of Honor:  2010

Medal of Honor:  Warfighter

Battlefield 3/4

Battlefield Bad Company 1/2

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

Starcraft 2 easily. 

1. Witcher 3

2. Deus Ex : Human Revolution

3. Sleeping Dogs

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

4 hours ago, Samfisher said:

1. Witcher 3

2. Deus Ex : Human Revolution

3. Sleeping Dogs

*goes off to find out what sleeping dogs is*

From this decade? 

• Splatoon 2 - it's honestly what I was looking for in a multiplayer game, something I could get engrossed in and sink hours into.  I got my Switch back in November 2018, I didn't really start playing Splatoon 2 (even though I bought it with my Switch) until late-ish January.  I have well over 500 hours sunk into it now.  
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - It captured the magic and sense of adventure and wonder my first LOZ game gave me.  It was a nostalgic trip and something new and fresh all in one.  Much like Splatoon 2, this game helped me with my gaming drought and reminded me of the magic in games.
  • Super Mario Odyssey - Same as BotW.  It gave me a feeling for a 3D Mario I hadn't had since Mario 64.  Granted, I never had gotten Super Mario Galaxy to this point (I finally got it and played it a couple months ago, now it's probably my favorite 3D mario game), but this went far in helping me with my gaming drought, this partnered with BotW and Splatoon 2 reminded me of what I love about Nintendo exclusives.
  • Ace Combat 7 - It was the return to form and Ace Combat we needed.  We went back to Strangereal.  It had the campy campaign and amazing combat I came to love.  I truly felt like I was back when I first heard in the game, "The Kingdom of Erusea has declared war on the Osean Federation."
  • Far Cry 3 - I loved this game, became one of my favorites of the 7th gen.
  • Nier Automata - I played this game at a very dark time in my life and it really resonated with me at that point.  I love this game.
  • Witcher 3 - This game is just beautiful, the combat is fun, the gameplay is fun.  I love this game so much, even though I played it on PC and bought the DLC, I bought a physical copy for Switch so I could add said physical copy to my collection.  I love everything about this game, easily in my top 5 of all time.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

In no particular order but the team of 3's :

- Diablo 3, the sheer amount of replayability and hours put on it. Perfect for playing with old time friend and be able to talk. Doesn't required too much attention.

- Witcher 3, the story, the world is just on another level.

- Battlefield 3, A new engine, the world was very well built for when it came out and way ahead of the other game of it's time.

13 hours ago, rx590overclocker said:

when did portal 2 come out?  whatever decade it came out in, it was the best.

13 hours ago, rx590overclocker said:

Image result for portal 2

Initial release date: April 18, 2011

Portal 2 was definitely one of my favorites from this decade. I should really go back and play it again.

2 minutes ago, Founders said:

Initial release date: April 18, 2011

Portal 2 was definitely one of my favorites from this decade. I should really go back and play it again.

it was on steam for 99 US cents a month or two ago.

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

Witcher 3

Diablo 3

Star Trek bridge crew for VR just because it was my dream to have a game like this when I was a kid who watched STNG every Saturday?

8 hours ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

Uncharted series and The Last of Us

Tomb Raider

Spec Ops:  The Line

Medal of Honor:  2010

Medal of Honor:  Warfighter

Battlefield 3/4

Battlefield Bad Company 1/2

I picked up rise of the tomb raider for 13 CAD on steam, probably the best value for a game I've seen in a long time. 

PC: 

i5 8400 - RTX 2060 - Strix B360-I - Thermaltake 240mm AIO - 16GB Vengeance RGB PRO - CRYSTAL 280X - HD Plex 400w AC/DC Converter

CUSTOM KEYBOARD:

Gmmk Pro  - Gateron ink Black v2 lubed and filmed - GMK Red Samurai - PC plate - Zeal stabs

DAILY TECH:

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Smartwatch - Galaxy A70 - Bose QC Earbuds - Bose SoundLink Wireless - Ultimate Ears Wonderboom