Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SamtheMan101

What brands offer full pc parts?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Wasn't too sure how to word this. Lately I have been searching online and through forums to see if anyone has compiled a list on what brands offer full parts for pc building etc. asus mobo, aio, nvme that sort of stuff. I know thermaltake now has cases, ram, aio and fans too. Anyone else given this some thought? Post your replies and maybe we could start a list. It'd be sick to build a pc with a 90% majority of the components being the same brand/company. 

4 minutes ago, SamtheMan101 said:

Wasn't too sure how to word this. Lately I have been searching online and through forums to see if anyone has compiled a list on what brands offer full parts for pc building etc. asus mobo, aio, nvme that sort of stuff. I know thermaltake now has cases, ram, aio and fans too. Anyone else given this some thought? Post your replies and maybe we could start a list. It'd be sick to build a pc with a 90% majority of the components being the same brand/company. 

Gigabyte/Aorus

Don't forget to quote (arrow bottom left of the message) or use name tag (@name) for us to see your answer.

Spoiler

My computer

CPU : I7-8700k  5GHz 1,26v

CPU cooler : Noctua NH-U14S

GPU : Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3466 MHz CL16

SSD : Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2,5" + Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2

HDD : Seagate BarraCuda 4TB 3,5" 5400RPM

Case : Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S Black 

PSU : Corsair HX Platinum 850W

Others : Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax.black.swap x3 top exhaust

Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap x3 front intake, x1 rear exhaust, x1 on the CPU cooler

Noctua NA-HC6 chromax.black on the CPU cooler

Since you have to go Intel or AMD for your CPU, you can't really go 100% one company.

But you can get close to it though

25 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

only asus rog, no other company

ASUS doesn't make RAM and storage devices though, so you could do better!

24 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Gigabyte/Aorus

This is a great suggestion/answer, as Gigabyte/Aorus basically makes everything.

You could even say, Gigabyte has a Z390 with an i9 included, meaning you can get a full PC, including peripherals (including monitor) from Gigabyte/Aorus.

If you use this for motherboard and CPU:

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-z390-aorus-xtreme-waterforce-5g-extended-atx/p/N82E16813145150

You can get memory, case, PSU, Videocard (since you buy an AIB, not necessarily Nvidia/AMD), cooler, SSD, mouse, keyboard, headset and monitor from 1 singular brand.

So basically if this was a challenge to make a PC (including peripherals) where if you had any issues you only wanted to contact 1 company, that would be the best way.

(This is assuming a conventional desktop PC, so something like just saying Apple or a phone/laptop manufacturer does not count)

Edited by minibois
Oops, not question... Suggestion! Or answer!

"those times will never come back :("

"The greatest part of the brain is memory, the worst thing that comes from memory is nostalgia. We remember but we can never go back!"

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything." - Bathtub Barracuda

"Wish i could find a way to stop the pain.         -         Besides the one that i keep thinking of."

My gear:                    

Spoiler

PC:

The brains: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ||

The torso: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon ||

Short term memory: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz ||

Pixel pusher: EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Gaming || 

Where I store memes: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB || 

Un-heater: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 ||

Carboard box: Thermaltake Core G21 TG ||

Power squid: Corsair RM750x ||

Peripherals:

Sound helmet: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm ||

Clickity-clack (sadly not clicky :() : Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB ||

Return the (drawing) slab! : Wacom Intuos Pen Small (2015) ||

Rodent: Asus ROG Gladius ||

Cloth for rodent: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL ||

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Setup: Current setup

Having a mix is actually a good thing really.

You can pick the best components for your rig that way.

My system and peripherals are actually mostly Corsair as I can control them through one bit of software. But Corsair cases suck so I have a Fractal one which is far better.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

24 minutes ago, SamtheMan101 said:

It'd be sick to build a pc with a 90% majority of the components being the same brand/company. 

you could also just go for a color scheme.........

8 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

Having a mix is actually a good thing really.

You can pick the best components for your rig that way.

I agree, you may run into a situation where one component from one company is either cheaper or on sale and you'd be paying more for the same specs sticking with the same company for all of your components. 

10 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

But Corsair cases suck

Having owned an Air 540 for the last 5+ years I couldn't disagree with you more. I can't speak to their most recent offerings but having the Air 540 house my last 3 builds I've been very happy with it.  

Nzxt comes really dang close, they don't make an ssd. Also their graphics offering is technically a water cooling adapter but close enough

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 thread, BR/BT threadSeasonic Focus thread, S12II/M12II thread, Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions

23 minutes ago, Founders said:

I agree, you may run into a situation where one component from one company is either cheaper or on sale and you'd be paying more for the same specs sticking with the same company for all of your components. 

Having owned an Air 540 for the last 5+ years I couldn't disagree with you more. I can't speak to their most recent offerings but having the Air 540 house my last 3 builds I've been very happy with it.  

+1 on the disagree front.

Using a Corsair Obsidian 500D rn, and it's flippin' great.

Gigabyte Aorus is your best option. They're the only brand that makes everything you need for "Brand exclusive" PC.

Motherboard ✓

RAM ✓

CPU Cooler  ✓

GPU  ✓

M.2 SSD ✓

PSU ✓

Case ✓

Monitor & peripherals(Mouse, keyboard, headset) ✓

Mouse pad ✓

Gaming chair ✓

The only thing missing is Aorus gaming desk and socks.

Main system: i7 8700k 5Ghz / Asus Prime Z370-A / Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3000Mhz / Gigabyte RTX2080 Aorus Extreme / EVGA 750W GQ / Fractal Design Meshify C

As much as it would be cool to have 1 company make everything. They usually have 1-2 parts that have a strange aesthetic that I could do without. IMO the asus case is very big and silly. But Im also trying to jam pack a tiny case with as much as possible, no matter how difficult. 

It would be nice to see more companies get into more products as I miss strange 1 off products that are funny to see at random lans. 

I remember someone having this back in the day at a lan where he would keep his slurpee in the tray during tournaments lol.

NZXT made a mobo have they ever updated that model for new processors? They should partner up with some companies to release ram/psu/HDD with their aesthetic but make the cases MATX sized :)

EVGA has some odds and ends (RAM, mobos etc) I know that @Zando Bob recently did an EVGA built, I think almost all of its EVGA?

Ryzen Rig 2: ASrock B450 Pro4 ATX, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM (+100mhz core clock), 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker (or 4x8gb DDR4 2666mhz for large tasks), Corsair HX850 PSU, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiator, 128gb Patriot Scorch NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case.  DSI 90-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Cherry Red switches, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Hannspree HF207 and Acer AL2016W monitors

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Ryzen Rig 1: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case.  Zalman K600S keyboard, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Acer XF270HU 2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37628874?

Dwight: The Mixed Metals Loop Media Center.  Ask me about it.  Currently decommissioned to move to an mATX setup on a new MOBO once I pick one out

Schrute: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0, FX 8350, 2x Gigabyte HD 7850 2gb GPUs in crossfire, 16gb (4x4) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz, Sparkle/FSP 650w PSU, PCCOOLING 160w TDP air cooler, 60gb Patriot SSD Win 10 boot drive, 1tb WDBlack HDD, Rosewill Nautilus 1.0 case.  Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, Roku 55" 4k TV

Micro Form Factor Dell OptiPlex 3040: Dell 0MGK50 A02, i3-6100T, 4gb DDR3 1600, Team Group 120gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech K400+, M.2 Intel Wifi/Bluetooth

Linux Box: Toshiba Laptop, i7 620M, NVS graphics, 2gb ram tinker toy at the moment.  Running Manjaro at the moment

APU Laptop: I need to clean this things TIM up so it can boot into Windows 7 for more than 5 minute before overheating at idle, it has things, I just haven't been on it in 2 years or so

Posted · Original PosterOP

Holy crap you guys are legends! Defs will check out gigabyte / aorus, never even thought of their products. Guys i do agree that difference in hardware and specs / price point is also a major factor in competition.  I’d love to see other manufacturers also up their game in parts availability. Two of my favourite brands are msi and asus also. Also, just watched the entire rog build linus did a few months back, beefy specs but by budget is crying loo. 

1 minute ago, SamtheMan101 said:

Holy crap you guys are legends! Defs will check out gigabyte / aorus, never even thought of their products. Guys i do agree that difference in hardware and specs / price point is also a major factor in competition.  I’d love to see other manufacturers also up their game in parts availability. Two of my favourite brands are msi and asus also. Also, just watched the entire rog build linus did a few months back, beefy specs but by budget is crying loo. 

more people making X product means more competition which usually means lowering prices for consumers. I also like both MSI and Asus but sometimes their software is so bloated its silly. Asus Aura is so fat it might actually be a fat kid eating cake on my desktop. This could just be me but every time I use Aura software it take up alot of resources. 

23 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

EVGA has some odds and ends (RAM, mobos etc) I know that @Zando Bob recently did an EVGA built, I think almost all of its EVGA?

EVGA has RAM as temporary Microcenter exclusive, IDK when the last run was tho (I got mine used off a lad on Reddit). They also make mobos, PSUs, coolers, cases, and GPUs. They don't make HDDs/SSDs or CPUs though. Peripherals wise they make mice and keyboards but no monitors. So you could almost do an EVGA only build, you'd just need drives, a CPU, and a monitor from other companies. 

X58 Madlads: X58 Xeon/i7 discussion     X99 bois: X99 Xeon/i7 discussion

Big Rig (Completed) - (Current) - i7 5960X - 4.7Ghz/3.7Ghz ~ 1.3v/1.1v core/uncore - 76-78C under RealBench load- Custom Loop: 2x 360GTS with EK-ZMT/Stubbies and EK D5 pump/res combo - EVGA X99 Classified - 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX Predator DDR4 - 3200MHz CL16 - AMD Radeon VII (best TimeSpy so far: here) - 1TB 970 Evo - Corsair RM1000i - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG - 6x iPPC NF-F12 2000 - LG 25UM56-P - 25" 2560x1080 at 75Hz

Planned Rig (big rig moving to F@H and benching) - i7 5820K - whatever cooler I decide on - EVGA X99 Micro 2 - 16GB (4x4GB) EVGA SSC DDR4 - EVGA XC Ultra 1660 Ti - 250GB 960 Evo - Whatever other drives I end up running - Corsair CX550 - Fractal Design Meshify C Mini - LG 25UM56-P - 25" 2560x1080 at 75Hz

Planned X58 rig - i7 950 - NH-D15S - EVGA X58 Classified SLI 3-Way - 24GB (3x8GB) HyperX Savage Red DDR3 - 2x EVGA Classified 780s - probably a basic SSD - EVGA 1600W T2 - Fractal Design Define S - 3x NF-P12 Redux + whatever other fans I end up using

Delayed Linux Box - X5670 - Intel i7 920 stock cooler - EVGA X58 Micro - 6GB (6x1GB) Corsair DDR3 most likely - AMD Radeon WX2100 - probably a basic SSD - 600W Enhance Flex ATX PSU - Old Dell slim mATX chassis - 2-3x NF-A8 fans

I lowkey enjoy HEDT

1 hour ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Gigabyte Aorus is your best option. They're the only brand that makes everything you need for "Brand exclusive" PC.

Motherboard ✓

RAM ✓

CPU Cooler  ✓

GPU  ✓

M.2 SSD ✓

PSU ✓

Case ✓

Monitor & peripherals(Mouse, keyboard, headset) ✓

Mouse pad ✓

Gaming chair ✓

The only thing missing is Aorus gaming desk and socks.

1 hour ago, Founders said:

Don’t forget sandals. 🤣

mmm yessss gigabyte Aorus jesus sandals and socks

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny