Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CGurrell

Looking for a new case, need some recommendations

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi Guys,

 

My old Fractal Design Define S is a great case, but it's starting to look a little dated and some of the screw holes for the GPU brackets have de-threaded, so I think it's time i start to look for a new case. I'm looking for one that has the following features:

 

ATX Motherboard support (EATX would be nice as I could look at changing my ageing mobo for an EATX X99 board I've seen on ebay, but ATX would also be fine)

Tempered Glass Side Panel (Just the left panel is fine)

280mm Radiator support (for a Corsair H110i)

USB Type-C Front Panel Connector (Optional, but would prefer this over RGB)

RGB Lighting included (Optional)

 

Has anyone got anything like this that they could recommend? I'm in the UK and I don't have a strict budget as such, £100 and under would be ideal but if the perfect case is a touch more i can probably stretch for it.

 

Cheers guys, have a nice day :)


Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CGurrell said:

Fractal Design Define S

I don't see why you want to change the case, it's a decent one, with very good air flow!


CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, Constantin said:

I don't see why you want to change the case, it's a decent one, with very good air flow!

it is, but after a few house moves it's starting to look battered and old and some of the internals are falling apart


Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CGurrell said:

it is, but after a few house moves it's starting to look battered and old and some of the internals are falling apart

There are not many cases with this good air flow with a good price.


CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Link to post
Share on other sites

CPU: Intel i7 9700K@5.3GHz SC/DC, 5.1GHz QC, 5.0Ghz All core, AVX offset 0| Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero | RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 2x8gb@3600Mhz 14-14-14-29, 1N, 1.45V| 

PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Mon: Samsung C27HG70 27" 144Hz Freesync - G-Sync compatible(ish) | GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC Black Edition w/ G12 bracket | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | 

Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout | Storage: Corsair MP510 960gb | Cooling: CPU: Kraken X62 - GPU: Kraken X42 - both with Noctua NF-A14's |

Ryzen rig for LAN/Backup

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CGurrell said:

ATX Motherboard support (EATX would be nice as I could look at changing my ageing mobo for an EATX X99 board I've seen on ebay, but ATX would also be fine)

Tempered Glass Side Panel (Just the left panel is fine)

280mm Radiator support (for a Corsair H110i)

USB Type-C Front Panel Connector (Optional, but would prefer this over RGB)

RGB Lighting included (Optional)

£100 and under would be ideal 

The Lian Li PC-O11D comes to mind.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/VxRzK8/lian-li-pc-o11dw-atx-full-tower-case-pc-o11dw

 

You could also get another Define S2 (R6, or the Meshify S2) currently the Define S2 is on sale in "blackout" (no white accents) for a tad over 100 pounds

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/VsfhP6/fractal-design-define-s2-blackout-tg-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-def-s2-bko-tgl

 

Phanteks also has their P600S which is around 125 pounds, it's basically the same as the R6 and S2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/2Kw7YJ/phanteks-eclipse-p600s-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec600pstg_bk01

 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#X=6869,14366&D=4


"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
22 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The Lian Li PC-O11D comes to mind.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/VxRzK8/lian-li-pc-o11dw-atx-full-tower-case-pc-o11dw

 

You could also get another Define S2 (R6, or the Meshify S2) currently the Define S2 is on sale in "blackout" (no white accents) for a tad over 100 pounds

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/VsfhP6/fractal-design-define-s2-blackout-tg-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-def-s2-bko-tgl

 

Phanteks also has their P600S which is around 125 pounds, it's basically the same as the R6 and S2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/2Kw7YJ/phanteks-eclipse-p600s-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec600pstg_bk01

 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#X=6869,14366&D=4

This really helped, especially the PCPP search, thank you. Looks like I have some decisions to make :)


Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×