Win10 Plex Server Automatic Wake/Sleep

Hey everyone,

Recently I have been playing around with my Raspberry Pi 3B and using it as a Plex server. It was only temporary to see if having my own Netflix like service with my own content was something I considered worth having and I have really enjoyed having my content on demand. So I would like to convert my entire Blu-ray collection, however the problem is is that my RP3B has very limited storage and bandwidth and so I'm wondering whether I could run my desktop PC as my primary PC as well as a Plex server. Now my question isn't so much can I turn my PC into a Plex Media Server, because I know I can, but rather is there a way I can access the Plex server remotely when my PC is sleeping/hibernating?

I was happy to run my RP3B 24/7 because it has low power consumption but my desktop PC was built for gaming and uses quite a lot more power in comparison. Is there a way I can sleep my computer when I'm not using it, but will wake up and sleep again automatically when I try watch a movie on Plex? For example I'm using it to write this forum post and will put it to sleep once I'm done, it would be great if I could then connect to my PC (running Plex Media Server) when I'm cooking dinner later with my iPad and have my PC wake up automatically to play the film and then go back to sleep once I'm finished using Plex on my iPad, I don't want to have to keep waking up my PC and putting it back to sleep just so I can use Plex.

I hope that makes sense and that I haven't repeated myself too much, I find it difficult to explain what I'm wanting.

Thanks in advance, Matt.

Making the PC sleep while plex is open does not work for some reason. For this to work you'd have to make a script of some kind that closes Plex and then puts the PC to sleep and then wakes the PC again once Plex is needed. I am by no means a scripting expert so I can't any further help in that regard.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯