ACER Aspire E3-111 // Wifi card not working

countingworm

Yo has any of you guys having the same problem as i do?

I was having this idea of changing RAM on my notebook. But at the same time i thought 'hm i got this wifi card thats laying around, why not change it as well".

After it is done, i tried to boot it up to no avail. Then later on, i redid all the work. I put the previous RAM & Wifi card back on. But still, my notebook was not booting up,

Later on like a couple of hours of changing BIOS setting randomly without knowing what that does, - yea i know it's stupid - i reset the BIOS to default setting, then change it to Legacy mode. Somehow, it started booting operates as usual.

But the main question is, why my wifi doesnt detect anything? When i tied personal hotspot using my phone connected via USB cable, the notebook detect the internet connection just fine. 

My question is, 

1. is this caused of my BIOS setting, legacy booting?
  2. or because of i detached my wifi card and reattached it again?
  3. because i miss something? like putting the wrong antenna cable on the wifi card, the black and white ones? but i read articles says that the cable doesnt really matter even if i put the wrong antennas cable on the card.

Please help meh, is the unit - wificard - fixable? or should i buy new ones? 

2 is really unlikely. does the card not show up or just not work?

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

8 hours ago, countingworm said:

notebook was not booting up,

Just wanted to point this out. Some manufactures White List cards in the BIOS. So if you put a WiFi card in thats not on the list the Laptop might not even boot. Thats why you should see if they have a list of WiFi adapters thats known to work. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 1/14/2020 at 11:09 AM, Jumballi said:

2 is really unlikely. does the card not show up or just not work?

Its look like that, when i turn on or click it on the right bottom corner. My guess is the radio cable (black&white) is not working anymore.

image.png.01bfe2cd834c687bf4d7fe9aa960de0d.png

20 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Just wanted to point this out. Some manufactures White List cards in the BIOS. So if you put a WiFi card in thats not on the list the Laptop might not even boot. Thats why you should see if they have a list of WiFi adapters thats known to work. 

I ve reattached my old wifi card back, still doesn't work.

2 minutes ago, countingworm said:

Its look like that, when i turn on or click it on the right bottom corner. My guess is the radio cable (black&white) is not working anymore.

image.png.01bfe2cd834c687bf4d7fe9aa960de0d.png

I ve reattached my old wifi card back, still doesn't work.

that's just it showing no signal, does it show up under devices on windows? and did you install the new diver for the new card?

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

6 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

that's just it showing no signal, does it show up under devices on windows? and did you install the new diver for the new card?

Well what i meant is that it not showing signal. wifi driver is installed correctly. I even cant control the wifi on or off anymore. I ve enable/disable the network setting, still nothing changed.