Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
frostyfarrow

Link opens in new tab?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Similar to how this is a setting you can turn on in reddit, could we have an option to automatically open links in a new tab? So used to it. I know I can just cmd+click but I'm not used to it, and it would still be a nice feature to have due to muscle memory from other forums. I'm constantly cmd+W-ing my tabs lmao.

19 minutes ago, frostyfarrow said:

Similar to how this is a setting you can turn on in reddit, could we have an option to automatically open links in a new tab? So used to it. I know I can just cmd+click but I'm not used to it, and it would still be a nice feature to have due to muscle memory from other forums. I'm constantly cmd+W-ing my tabs lmao.

They do so for me.  Maybe it's a setting in your browser you need to change?

1 hour ago, frostyfarrow said:

Laptop user ?

Ctrl + click for windows, Cmd + click for macOS. 

Get used to keyboard shortcuts. They're always faster. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

i7-8700k @5.15Ghz (Delidded) - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX - Armor GTX 1080 - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Macbook Pro 2015 (Musicians live and die by these, unfortunately I need one. :/
i7-4980HQ (Liquid Metal mod) - 16GB DDR3 - Radeon M370X (Liquid Metal mod) 

El-Sleep (ProxMox server)

2x Xeon E5-2667  - 48GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 4x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

2 hours ago, frostyfarrow said:

Laptop user ?

I've already config'd my touchpad to middleclick with two-finger click. On desktop its two clicks with right and left, but I've done it since I started using Mozilla 15 years ago.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

One method that might be faster for you to use to open links in new tabs is to right click the link and move the cursor over "Open Link in New Tab" and let go. This can be done very quickly on my Mac to the point where I barely see the context menu flicker. Just 2 fingers diagonally dragged and let go. You only need to move the cursor like 2 pixels which could be faster than dealing with the Cmd key in some situations.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM