Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
404usrnmntfnd

Samsung Leaks Show Galaxy S11 Is Actually Named Galaxy S20

2 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

S20+ 5G sounds like a math equation lol.

I've solved it.

S=2

G=0.4

Galaxy = S20+5G

Galaxy = 2*20+5*0.4

Galaxy = 40+2

Answer to the galaxy is 42

Punch hole... 

NO! 

Ryzen 7 3800X | X570 Aorus Elite | G.Skill 16GB 3200MHz C16 | Radeon RX 5700 XT | Samsung 850 PRO 256GB | Mouse: Zowie S1 | OS: Windows 10

4 hours ago, Arika S said:

If this is real, Guy is an idiot for adding his twitter handle given that sticker exists

Weinbach likely isn't the one who took the photos.  He's just watermarking them to prevent people from passing off the images as their own.

8 hours ago, xtroria said:

Yes but the phone will cost $1000+ MSRP

You do not fall into the “regular customer” type in the first place. Your existence here already makes you categorized into “enthusiast”.

Just look at it like how you would look at current iPhone 11 / 11 Pro.

I’ll always recommend iPhone 11 to most people, unless I know they are the power user / enthusiast type where they are willing to cash out big amount of money for that improvement

The S20 won't. It'll be a replacement for the S10e, and will be a couple hundred dollars cheaper than that.

Believe it or not, not ever person on this forum is an enthusiast when it comes to every aspect of tech ;) Shouldn't assume.

The iPhone is good for people who want into the Apple ecosystem. Otherwise there are better choices.

8 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

I'd still pick better battery life over a high refresh rate display that makes battery life not last an entire day. It would be nice to have both though.

Haha, the Pixel 4 is an absolutely horrible choice if you want to compare high refresh displays. They did a horrible job on the phone as a whole.
OnePlus is a much better example of a company that did it properly.

image.png.04094ab33495d8650244e536277c1b32.png

Yes, you do lose some battery life, but honestly it's so minimal here that I wouldn't even consider it an issue.

With the newer SoCs that have high refresh displays in mind, it's even less of an issue.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

7 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I wonder what the 4th camera is. We already have ultrawide, regular and telephoto.

The bottom right camera looks like the "depthvision" camera on the Note 10.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Savior. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Well the 5 cameras look stupid.. Why they can't just put 2, a telephoto and a standard camera I don't know.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • Corsair HX650w • Lian Li o-11• Corsair K70 • Corsair M65 Pro RGB • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: Microsoft Surface Pro 7• Intel Core i5 1035G4• 8gb DDR4 • 256gb M.2 NVME SSD

21 hours ago, xtroria said:

Yes, but TWS earbuds won’t be like it is if not because of apple

Apple forces people to follow its vision of the future but at the same time, apple is the trend maker in tech, whether it is notches, headphone jack or thunderbolt 3

1) We don't know that.

2) The industry should move by demand, not forced by companies.

Personally, I think the industry would more or less be in the same spot we are at today even if Apple hadn't removed the headphone jack. Why? Because if Apple had released the AirPods and said "this is how good our wireless headphones are" then people would have willingly abandoned wired headphones, even if their phone allowed for wireless.

No matter how you twist and turn it, Apple were in the wrong. Change should come because people want it and because the new alternative is better in some way(s). When Apple moved to wireless it pushed the industry in the wireless direction not because it was better, but because Apple wanted it.

If it really is better, then people will want it. If people don't willingly get on board with the new technology then you shouldn't force people to use it, because it probably isn't better.

14 hours ago, Badger906 said:

Well the 5 cameras look stupid.. Why they can't just put 2, a telephoto and a standard camera I don't know.

Because a lot of people, me included, want a wide angle camera too.

Why complain about having more flexibility?

There have been more leaks about the S20.

https://www.xda-developers.com/exclusive-leaked-samsung-galaxy-s20-hands-on-confirms-120hz-display-ultrasonic-under-display-fingerprint-scanner-and-no-headphone-jack/?utm_content=bufferf2c56&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Summary is this:

• The aspect ratio is now taller. It's a 3200x1440 display, making it 20:9 (compared to 19:9 of the S10).
  • It uses an ultrasonic fingerprint scanner but it does not appear to be the one Qualcomm just announced.
  • The display will support 120Hz, but it seems like it will only do that in 1080p mode. So no 120Hz in 1440p mode.
  • No headphone jack and no Bixby button.
  • 25 watts fast charging is supported.
  • 4,500 mAh batter yon the S20+.
  • 11-12 GB of RAM.

14 hours ago, dizmo said:

The S20 won't. It'll be a replacement for the S10e, and will be a couple hundred dollars cheaper than that.

Believe it or not, not ever person on this forum is an enthusiast when it comes to every aspect of tech ;) Shouldn't assume.

The iPhone is good for people who want into the Apple ecosystem. Otherwise there are better choices.

HA! You do realize they just priced s10 lite and note 10 lite in india for around $650-700 mark? Not to mention samsung pricing in US is actually higher or equivalent to developing countries.

No way in hell samsung would release a phone that cannibalize its little sibling within a month.

4 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

1) We don't know that.

2) The industry should move by demand, not forced by companies.

Personally, I think the industry would more or less be in the same spot we are at today even if Apple hadn't removed the headphone jack. Why? Because if Apple had released the AirPods and said "this is how good our wireless headphones are" then people would have willingly abandoned wired headphones, even if their phone allowed for wireless.

No matter how you twist and turn it, Apple were in the wrong. Change should come because people want it and because the new alternative is better in some way(s). When Apple moved to wireless it pushed the industry in the wireless direction not because it was better, but because Apple wanted it.

If it really is better, then people will want it. If people don't willingly get on board with the new technology then you shouldn't force people to use it, because it probably isn't better.

Because a lot of people, me included, want a wide angle camera too.

Why complain about having more flexibility?

Perhaps you’ve never taken a UI design class along with product requirement engineering, but Henry Ford once said if you ask people what they want, they don’t want a car, they’ll ask for faster stronger horses.

Innovation revolves around the few creating things that make people go “jeez, why have i never thought of something that obvious” not a million people thinking of the same thing.

There’s also something called market growth and maturity. iPhone is the device that forces full screen no keyboard design into the market, macbook air forces the industry to make ultrabook become the de facto laptop design.

We have had bluetooth earbuds for YEARS and it wasnt popular, not until apple removed its headphone jack

6 minutes ago, xtroria said:

Perhaps you’ve never taken a UI design class along with product requirement engineering, but Henry Ford once said if you ask people what they want, they don’t want a car, they’ll ask for faster stronger horses.

That's a stupid analogy because both the car and the horse were "released" at the same time.

Ford didn't go out and slaughter all horses when they released the car. They lived side by side and the car still managed to take over. So your analogy/quote makes absolutely no sense in this situation.

And this isn't about "UI design class" or "product requirement engineering". This is simple "offer consumers two products and the one they want the most will be the most popular".

Let me ask you this, do you believe that people would not have bought AirPods if Apple had kept the headphone jack?

• If the answer is "yes they would have bought it" then we would still have ended up with better wireless earphones even though Apple hadn't removed the headphone jack. If the answer was yes then wireless won and became popular because it was the more popular option.
  • If the answer is "no people would not have bought it if they kept the headphone jack" then my question is, so why was it removed if people want to keep using wired headphones? If that's the case why are we being forced to use wireless headphones when people don't want to? Seems like Apple are forcing their customers to use products they don't want if that's the case.

12 minutes ago, xtroria said:

Innovation revolves around the few creating things that make people go “jeez, why have i never thought of something that obvious” not a million people thinking of the same thing.

Completely irrelevant. It has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation.

Why? Because Apple could have released the AirPods without removing the headphone jack.

13 minutes ago, xtroria said:

There’s also something called market growth and maturity. iPhone is the device that forces full screen no keyboard design into the market, macbook air forces the industry to make ultrabook become the de facto laptop design.

But in both of those situations the design required one or the other. Adding a physical keyboard to the iPhone would have had major drawbacks in terms of design so they had to choose the on-screen keyboard or a much thicker design with a physical keyboard. There were trade-offs. Same with the Macbook Air. They had to remove a bunch of stuff like the CD-drive to make it thinner. It was not possible to make the same design and still have the features that were removed.

The removal of the headphone jack was completely different because with that, Apple could have included it barely any (if any at all) sacrifices. But they didn't. That's the major difference here and why your comparisons are completely irrelevant.

17 minutes ago, xtroria said:

We have had bluetooth earbuds for YEARS and it wasnt popular, not until apple removed its headphone jack

You have absolutely no way of knowing that it was BECAUSE Apple removed the headphone jack that Bluetooth became popular.

An equally likely explanation would be that Bluetooth earphones became popular because Apple released the AirPods, which became massively popular (like everything Apple releases) and then other companies had to compete because all of a sudden Bluetooth earphones were the hot and cool thing to have.

That's the point I am trying to make. The assumption that Bluetooth earphones became popular because Apple forced people to use them is completely unfounded. There is 0 hard evidence to support it. The explanation I offered (that with the release of the AirPods Bluetooth earphones would have become popular regardless of the iPhone having a headphone jack or not) is in my mind slightly more founded in facts and logic rather than just wild assumptions. The reason why I say that is because if people wanted to keep using wired headphones they could have. Apple kept making wired headphones (using the lightning connector) and also gave away the adapter.

People had the choice of using wired headphones if they wanted, but they still went with the AirPods.

So yeah, I think your wrong. Bluetooth audio did not become popular because Apple removed the headphone jack. It became popular because Apple released the AirPods. And I think Bluetooth audio would have become popular because of the AirPods even if the iPhone hadn't dropped the headphone jack.

If Apple had delayed removing the headphone jack 1 or even 2 years, I think the grown of wireless earphones would have been exactly the same as it was now.

2 hours ago, LAwLz said:

There have been more leaks about the S20.

https://www.xda-developers.com/exclusive-leaked-samsung-galaxy-s20-hands-on-confirms-120hz-display-ultrasonic-under-display-fingerprint-scanner-and-no-headphone-jack/?utm_content=bufferf2c56&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Summary is this:

• The aspect ratio is now taller. It's a 3200x1440 display, making it 20:9 (compared to 19:9 of the S10).
  • It uses an ultrasonic fingerprint scanner but it does not appear to be the one Qualcomm just announced.
  • The display will support 120Hz, but it seems like it will only do that in 1080p mode. So no 120Hz in 1440p mode.
  • No headphone jack and no Bixby button.
  • 25 watts fast charging is supported.
  • 4,500 mAh batter yon the S20+.
  • 11-12 GB of RAM.

Oh. I hacked/apb'd/ButtonMapper the Bixby button to a back/multifunction button. :(

Mobile Phone manufacturers... removing useful features since 1909.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:
Spoiler

That's a stupid analogy because both the car and the horse were "released" at the same time.

Ford didn't go out and slaughter all horses when they released the car. They lived side by side and the car still managed to take over. So your analogy/quote makes absolutely no sense in this situation.

And this isn't about "UI design class" or "product requirement engineering". This is simple "offer consumers two products and the one they want the most will be the most popular".

Let me ask you this, do you believe that people would not have bought AirPods if Apple had kept the headphone jack?

• If the answer is "yes they would have bought it" then we would still have ended up with better wireless earphones even though Apple hadn't removed the headphone jack. If the answer was yes then wireless won and became popular because it was the more popular option.
  • If the answer is "no people would not have bought it if they kept the headphone jack" then my question is, so why was it removed if people want to keep using wired headphones? If that's the case why are we being forced to use wireless headphones when people don't want to? Seems like Apple are forcing their customers to use products they don't want if that's the case.

Why? Because Apple could have released the AirPods without removing the headphone jack.

But in both of those situations the design required one or the other. Adding a physical keyboard to the iPhone would have had major drawbacks in terms of design so they had to choose the on-screen keyboard or a much thicker design with a physical keyboard. There were trade-offs. Same with the Macbook Air. They had to remove a bunch of stuff like the CD-drive to make it thinner. It was not possible to make the same design and still have the features that were removed.

The removal of the headphone jack was completely different because with that, Apple could have included it barely any (if any at all) sacrifices. But they didn't. That's the major difference here and why your comparisons are completely irrelevant.

You have absolutely no way of knowing that it was BECAUSE Apple removed the headphone jack that Bluetooth became popular.

An equally likely explanation would be that Bluetooth earphones became popular because Apple released the AirPods, which became massively popular (like everything Apple releases) and then other companies had to compete because all of a sudden Bluetooth earphones were the hot and cool thing to have.

That's the point I am trying to make. The assumption that Bluetooth earphones became popular because Apple forced people to use them is completely unfounded. There is 0 hard evidence to support it. The explanation I offered (that with the release of the AirPods Bluetooth earphones would have become popular regardless of the iPhone having a headphone jack or not) is in my mind slightly more founded in facts and logic rather than just wild assumptions. The reason why I say that is because if people wanted to keep using wired headphones they could have. Apple kept making wired headphones (using the lightning connector) and also gave away the adapter.

People had the choice of using wired headphones if they wanted, but they still went with the AirPods.

So yeah, I think your wrong. Bluetooth audio did not become popular because Apple removed the headphone jack. It became popular because Apple released the AirPods. And I think Bluetooth audio would have become popular because of the AirPods even if the iPhone hadn't dropped the headphone jack.

If Apple had delayed removing the headphone jack 1 or even 2 years, I think the grown of wireless earphones would have been exactly the same as it was now.

Yeah. Same with iPhone 1. Apple know *when* to release a product, when the price/cost/usability/performance/tech hit the mark. They were probably just waiting for small batteries and bluetooth chips (Samsung Buds had been out for ages IIRC), before releasing. Not "they made it popular" but "they know how to ride the popularity to the top".

14 hours ago, LAwLz said:

All your argument revolves around “oh they should’ve provided both options”

look at USB-A port

it’s clearly an outdated port that should’ve been thrown out of the window. YET we still use it. Why?

Because many people reject changes of any sort of form. They prefer to just maintain their status quo. They arent even willing to TRY before saying “yep ain’t for me” and instead reject it in the first place

If all PC and laptop manufacturer agrees to gradually decrease / remove USB A port and forces everyone to USB C, how long do you think it’d take for USB C to become the de facto port?

Our growth in terms of tech are so slow because people prefer to maintain that status quo

1 hour ago, xtroria said:

look at USB-A port

it’s clearly an outdated port that should’ve been thrown out of the window. YET we still use it. Why?

Because USB-A is the standard port to use, about anything connects to it without needing some dongle adapter. The USB-C port is easier to connect yet the market decided we can have both without the need to completely abandon USB-A.

12 hours ago, xtroria said:

look at USB-A port

Because many people reject changes of any sort of form. They prefer to just maintain their status quo. They arent even willing to TRY before saying “yep ain’t for me” and instead reject it in the first place

If all PC and laptop manufacturer agrees to gradually decrease / remove USB A port and forces everyone to USB C, how long do you think it’d take for USB C to become the de facto port?

Our growth in terms of tech are so slow because people prefer to maintain that status quo

1) USB-A isn't outdated. It's a more durable connector than USB-C, while also being much cheaper and simpler to implement.

2) Do you seriously believe that people are "rejecting" USB-C because they don't like change? Where did you get that idea from? I've never heard someone reject USB-C because "it's not what I'm used to" or whatever.

3) USB-C has gotten widely popular to the point where basically everyone uses it daily, despite USB-A existing. Huh, strange how you don't have to completely and forcefully eliminate one standard to push another one, right? What a crazy world we live.

"Grown in terms of tech" is not slow because of some imaginary status quo. It's slow because people don't want to throw away everything they already own and replace it with brand new stuff as soon as a new standard comes out. We still have USB-A because people still use USB-A with their older devices, and because there isn't any point in using USB-C in some applications.

10 hours ago, LAwLz said:

1) USB-A isn't outdated. It's a more durable connector than USB-C, while also being much cheaper and simpler to implement.

2) Do you seriously believe that people are "rejecting" USB-C because they don't like change? Where did you get that idea from? I've never heard someone reject USB-C because "it's not what I'm used to" or whatever.

3) USB-C has gotten widely popular to the point where basically everyone uses it daily, despite USB-A existing. Huh, strange how you don't have to completely and forcefully eliminate one standard to push another one, right? What a crazy world we live.

"Grown in terms of tech" is not slow because of some imaginary status quo. It's slow because people don't want to throw away everything they already own and replace it with brand new stuff as soon as a new standard comes out. We still have USB-A because people still use USB-A with their older devices, and because there isn't any point in using USB-C in some applications.

If you like to flip around your usb plug because you can't find which way it's supposed to go, be my guest

I'm pretty sure you'll still find crap ton of devices using micro-USB, what about that one? It's even flimsier and comes with the same problem just like USB-A which it's a pain in the ass to plug into. We are in the transition period between Micro-B to USB-C which could've been made much faster if only we don't use "let's not force it out" that you apparently so against.

To your third point, just look at my second point. Just how much longer do we have to deal with both USB-A and micro-B? USB-A and USB-C will both break anyways if it gets hit with a swinging force of you leg hitting to its interconnect. No point in using USB-C in some application? I'm sorry for being a person who doesn't want previous stupidity in tech being fixed

On 1/17/2020 at 1:12 AM, xtroria said:

If you like to flip around your usb plug because you can't find which way it's supposed to go, be my guest

Ah yes you're totally right. I should just throw out my mouse, keyboard, monitor, printer and a bunch of other stuff because I plug them in sooo often that I should just buy brand new ones. I mean you're totally right, it's totally worth spending thousands of dollars on replacing perfectly fine equipment with new stuff just so that I can plug them in slightly easier, which I might do once a year (at most). 

Saving that second or two is very important and totally worth it. 

I'm pretty sure you'll still find crap ton of devices using micro-USB, what about that one? It's even flimsier and comes with the same problem just like USB-A which it's a pain in the ass to plug into. We are in the transition period between Micro-B to USB-C which could've been made much faster if only we don't use "let's not force it out" that you apparently so against.

But that has already been mostly replaced. The stuff still on the market using micro-USB are legacy stuff that was designed or released before USB-C was released. By your logic we should have made micro-USB illegal and forced everyone to throw away their existing devices and buy brand new ones. That moronic. 

Micro usb if anything is proving MY point. That if your new standard is better then you don't have to force people off the old standard. It will happen naturally.

How many new devices do you see coming out that picks micro-USB over USB-C? And how many of them do you think started started being designed after USB-C was released? Not many. Probably a few, but not that many compared to the massive amount of USB-C devices. 

To your third point, just look at my second point. Just how much longer do we have to deal with both USB-A and micro-B? USB-A and USB-C will both break anyways if it gets hit with a swinging force of you leg hitting to its interconnect. No point in using USB-C in some application? I'm sorry for being a person who doesn't want previous stupidity in tech being fixed

How long? Until people upgrade their existing equipment. That's my point. 

USB-C is superior (at least to micro-USB) so people will pick that standard when they are designing or buying a new product.

If you don't want to use anything but USB-C what's stopping you? Just because you want it doesn't mean you have to force everyone else to throw out all their existing gear.

I really don't get what your point or argument is. Can you please summarize it for me?

My argument is that it is unnecessary to force a new standard by removing the old one completely. If the new standard really is better, people will pick it anyway, without being forced. 

On 1/16/2020 at 1:31 PM, LAwLz said:

I'd say it's more durable than usb mini... but AFAIK, USB-C is super super durable. "A"s can snap off real easy at times, so I like the metal casing/size/shape of the C ports/cables. :)