Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
404usrnmntfnd

Samsung Leaks Show Galaxy S11 Is Actually Named Galaxy S20

2 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

S20+ 5G sounds like a math equation lol.

I've solved it.

S=2

G=0.4

Galaxy = S20+5G

Galaxy = 2*20+5*0.4

Galaxy = 40+2

Answer to the galaxy is 42

Posted · Original PosterOP

In a somewhat surprising turn of events Samsung joined in on the phone naming shenanigans with their next flagship supposedly being called the Galaxy S20.

There will be no Samsung Galaxy S11. Instead, Samsung is jumping ahead to the S20. Rumors had been swirling about the branding change in recent weeks, and today XDA Developers published the first real-world shots of the Galaxy S20 Plus. 

spacer.png

The person who leaked the pictures is claiming that 

Samsung has significantly toned down the curved sides of the Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus, with XDA’s source saying that the S20 Plus feels largely flat in hand.

You can see the original article here

Real? Or Fake? What do y’all think let me know with a reply

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

This naming scheme is going to fuck anyone in algebra right now. Oh, you're trying to Google the answer like anyone else? Sorry, we're only going to show you a phone because that's clearly what you mean when you said "how to solve 20s+5g"

Posted · Best Answer
2 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

I've solved it.

S=2

G=0.4

Galaxy = S20+5G

Galaxy = 2*20+5*0.4

Galaxy = 40+2

Answer to the galaxy is 42

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

32 minutes ago, 404usrnmntfnd said:

image.png.c238fe65ead4e407521f0d115eb67a05.png

About as useful as the "Warranty Void if Removed" stickers

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The only thought that came to mind when I saw that sticker was "You had ONE job". Though whoever took the picture may not have that one job afterwards, lol.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

10 minutes ago, MageTank said:

The only thought that came to mind when I saw that sticker was "You had ONE job". Though whoever took the picture may not have that one job afterwards, lol.

A DO NOT LEAK sticker?!  They're just asking for it. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Apparently three rear camera's weren't enough, so they added two more. And apparently that's enough to warrant a significant name change... well that and removing the headphone jack. Gj sammy

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

I really want to see how Samsung handles pulling the headphone jack after trying to chastise Apple for doing it in 2016.  Realistically, I see it just glossing over that change and hoping people won't notice or care.  I can't help but want to watch Samsung trying to justify the move, though... oh, the contortions it'll go through to avoid the honest answer of "because everyone else is doing it."  It was the right time, look at how advanced Bluetooth headphones are, and so on.

I don't mind the absence of a headphone jack myself, but this is precisely why you don't talk trash about controversial but considered design choices... there's a chance you'll be following your rival's lead.

More information:

20200113_160201_526.png

20200113_143540_147.jpg

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.1Ghz          Case: Antec P8     PSU: G.Storm GS850                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition @ 2Ghz

Posted · Original PosterOP
45 minutes ago, Commodus said:

I really want to see how Samsung handles pulling the headphone jack after trying to chastise Apple for doing it in 2016.  Realistically, I see it just glossing over that change and hoping people won't notice or care.  I can't help but want to watch Samsung trying to justify the move, though... oh, the contortions it'll go through to avoid the honest answer of "because everyone else is doing it."  It was the right time, look at how advanced Bluetooth headphones are, and so on.

I don't mind the absence of a headphone jack myself, but this is precisely why you don't talk trash about controversial but considered design choices... there's a chance you'll be following your rival's lead.

The Note 10 Lite has one but the S10 Lite doesn’t 

Just now, 404usrnmntfnd said:

The Note 10 Lite has one but the S10 Lite doesn’t 

That just makes it weirder... how does Samsung explain the inconsistency?  It's not even like the Note 10 Lite and S10 Lite are wildly different in price!

I'm actually not sure if this phone would be a better phone than the S10 Lite TBH.

Note 10 / S10 Lite are pretty much released to compete with iPhone XR / 11 because that's the best selling model in developed countries right now.

2020 is gonna be a year where it seriously doesn't make sense to spend more than $800 on a smartphone

3 hours ago, xtroria said:

I'm actually not sure if this phone would be a better phone than the S10 Lite TBH.

Note 10 / S10 Lite are pretty much released to compete with iPhone XR / 11 because that's the best selling model in developed countries right now.

2020 is gonna be a year where it seriously doesn't make sense to spend more than $800 on a smartphone

But honestly... unless you game on your phone literally all the time and also hate second hand markets... there isn't a good reason to spend that much on any device now.

As I say with a Note10+ lolz. Still, I've been pushing the A50 to my family members instead, for obvious reasons.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

44 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

But honestly... unless you game on your phone literally all the time and also hate second hand markets... there isn't a good reason to spend that much on any device now.

As I say with a Note10+ lolz. Still, I've been pushing the A50 to my family members instead, for obvious reasons.

A50 is a decent phone and most people would be happy with it although it’s just mediocre at everything.

I think 90-95% users would be happy with phones like pixel 3a XL

The 5-10% are going to be your specific target user or power user in general.

I demand the best of the best out of my tech simply because “it works” is not enough and basically anything less than iPhone or Pixel 4 XL isn’t worth getting

1 hour ago, xtroria said:

A50 is a decent phone and most people would be happy with it although it’s just mediocre at everything.

I think 90-95% users would be happy with phones like pixel 3a XL

The 5-10% are going to be your specific target user or power user in general.

I demand the best of the best out of my tech simply because “it works” is not enough and basically anything less than iPhone or Pixel 4 XL isn’t worth getting

Except the Pixel 4 XL isnt really the best at anything lol. But I recommend the A50 over Pixel 3a for the singular reason that the stock loader and device has a layout lock (price difference isn't much, A50 screen is marginally better though), which is so insanely important for dealing with non-technically inclined members that I have to set up the device anyways.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I think it makes perfect sense. If they kept the current naming scheme, they'd 2 years until they came across the number 13.

By changing to 20 - 30 - 40 they've essentially bought themselves 9 more years before they have to think of a new naming scheme.

5 hours ago, xtroria said:

What? How would the S20 not be better than the S10 Lite? The high refresh display is reason enough to get it.

I think there will still be reason to buy the flagships. Better screens, significantly better cameras. The S10 Lite is a beast, for sure, but it's also quite large.

Current PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

58 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I think it makes perfect sense. If they kept the current naming scheme, they'd 2 years until they came across the number 13.

By changing to 20 - 30 - 40 they've essentially bought themselves 9 more years before they have to think of a new naming scheme.

What? How would the S20 not be better than the S10 Lite? The high refresh display is reason enough to get it.

I think there will still be reason to buy the flagships. Better screens, significantly better cameras. The S10 Lite is a beast, for sure, but it's also quite large.

Yes but the phone will cost $1000+ MSRP

You do not fall into the “regular customer” type in the first place. Your existence here already makes you categorized into “enthusiast”.

Just look at it like how you would look at current iPhone 11 / 11 Pro.

I’ll always recommend iPhone 11 to most people, unless I know they are the power user / enthusiast type where they are willing to cash out big amount of money for that improvement

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

The high refresh display is reason enough to get it.

I'd still pick better battery life over a high refresh rate display that makes battery life not last an entire day. It would be nice to have both though.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Making Windows Defender as good or even better than paid options

17 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I don't think it is useless.

The sticker is there to inform people who want to follow the rules, not to prevent people from breaking the rules.

Without that sticker on unreleased products, people working at Samsung might be unsure what they can and can't take pictures off. It's like the "photography prohibited" signs at certain companies, or "no trespassing" signs.

16 hours ago, BigDamn said:

Apparently three rear camera's weren't enough, so they added two more. And apparently that's enough to warrant a significant name change... well that and removing the headphone jack. Gj sammy

Is it really 2 more cameras?

To me it looks like it's just one more camera (so a total of 4).

Then there is a flash, and something else? Looks too small to be a camera. A mic maybe?

I wonder what the 4th camera is. We already have ultrawide, regular and telephoto.

14 hours ago, Commodus said:

I was one of the people who called Apple stupid for removing the headphone jack, but I won't mind Samsung removing it too much.

Why? Because we've had 4 years of wireless earphone/headphones improvements.

The market wasn't mature for it when Apple did it. The market seems to be mature for it now. At least it's more mature now.

Not to mention that Samsung literally gave away some of the best wireless earbuds (Galaxy Buds) for free to people who bought the S10. If Apple had given away free Airpods with the iPhone back in 2016 I think people would have been less upset.

So I don't think it's hypocrisy either. It's perfectly fair to judge the same action done at different time periods differently.

But I'd still prefer if it had a headphone jack. It's still useful in certain situations, such as when you want to charge and listen to something at the same time.

Oh, and we now also have Bluetooth LE Audio, which might actually solve most of the Bluetooth audio issues.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15349/bluetooth-sig-announces-le-audio-standard-new-baseline-for-next-decade

23 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I was one of the people who called Apple stupid for removing the headphone jack, but I won't mind Samsung removing it too much.

Why? Because we've had 4 years of wireless earphone/headphones improvements.

The market wasn't mature for it when Apple did it. The market seems to be mature for it now. At least it's more mature now.

Not to mention that Samsung literally gave away some of the best wireless earbuds (Galaxy Buds) for free to people who bought the S10. If Apple had given away free Airpods with the iPhone back in 2016 I think people would have been less upset.

So I don't think it's hypocrisy either. It's perfectly fair to judge the same action done at different time periods differently.

But I'd still prefer if it had a headphone jack. It's still useful in certain situations, such as when you want to charge and listen to something at the same time.

Oh, and we now also have Bluetooth LE Audio, which might actually solve most of the Bluetooth audio issues.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15349/bluetooth-sig-announces-le-audio-standard-new-baseline-for-next-decade

Yes, but TWS earbuds won’t be like it is if not because of apple

Apple forces people to follow its vision of the future but at the same time, apple is the trend maker in tech, whether it is notches, headphone jack or thunderbolt 3