Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Classified101

Price for the galaxy S9 Plus in Used Market.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Can anyone tell me what should be the price for the Galaxy S9 Plus in used condition?

I found one for around US $300 for the 6/64 variant. It's about 4 months old and is in great condition. Is that a good price? If not, how much should it be?

Also, is there any other phone that you would recommend other than the s9?

I am specifically looking for a flagship, a generation or two old but definitely not a flagship price.

23 minutes ago, Classified101 said:

Can anyone tell me what should be the price for the Galaxy S9 Plus in used condition?

I found one for around US $300 for the 6/64 variant. It's about 4 months old and is in great condition. Is that a good price? If not, how much should it be?

I am specifically looking for a flagship, a generation or two old but definitely not a flagship price.

$300 seems good but maybe a little bit high but idk, I have picked up 2 Note9's (one for ~$300 and one for $280), the $280 was is basically new condition (even had the protective plastic). If the screen is still is near perfect condition, $300 seems like a good price.

Current:
Custom SFF AMD Sleeper:
- CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.8Ghz all cores

- GPU: Reference RX Vega 64
- RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) @ 3200Mhz
- Storage: 256GB Samsung PM951 NVMe SSD, 2TB WD Black HDD
- Displays: Asus VG248QE 1080p @144hz, 2x Dell SE2417HGR 1080p @60Hz

Dell Precision M6700:

- CPU: i7-3720qm @ 3.8Ghz all cores Currently @ 3.4GHz trying to fix weird issues
- dGPU: K3000M "Gigahertz Edition" 1006Mhz Core, 2004Mhz MEM

- eGPU: MSI Armour RX 480 4GB
- RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) HyperX Impact @ 1600Mhz
- Storage: 256GB mSATA w/ 2x 1TB WD Black HDDs in RAID 0
- Display: Samsung LTN173HT02 120Hz 1080p internal display With 120Hz Input Mod!

6 minutes ago, Mnky313 said:

$300 seems good but maybe a little bit high but idk, I have picked up 2 Note9's (one for ~$300 and one for $280), the $280 was is basically new condition (even had the protective plastic). If the screen is still is near perfect condition, $300 seems like a good price.

Okay. Thanks for the reply!

Would you recommend anything other than the s9?

1 hour ago, Classified101 said:

Buying from?

Buyers protection?

Physical store for physical inspection?

All I can say is to take precautions when buying anything used, so as to not lose your money or end up short changed.

Whats available on the used market varies wildly depending on your location and appetitite for risk. Thus I dont make suggestions for used goods at all.

Also, what you get will probably have a battery that is worn to an uncertain degree. To hedge against getting a potato, try for something that has a high battery capacity and is as new as possible with regards to release date.

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Classified101 said:

Okay. Thanks for the reply!

Would you recommend anything other than the s9?

If you aren't interested in Rooting, not really. Samsung's phones are pretty great for everything except rooting and modding. Maybe a Note9 if you are interested but that's about it.

Current:
Custom SFF AMD Sleeper:

Dell Precision M6700:

- CPU: i7-3720qm @ 3.8Ghz all cores Currently @ 3.4GHz trying to fix weird issues

- Display: Samsung LTN173HT02 120Hz 1080p internal display With 120Hz Input Mod!

3 minutes ago, Mnky313 said:

Samsung's phones are pretty great for everything except rooting and modding.

Not if its a global model with Snapdragon chipset

Those are among the easiest to root...

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Not if its a global model with Snapdragon chipset

Those are among the easiest to root...

True, I actually have a N9600 (Unlocked Bootloader, Snapdragon) but It was not nearly as easy as many other devices, with new samsung devices (ones with unlocked bootloaders) you have to wait 7 days to actually flash anything (including TWRP or magisk). ROM compatibility is also hit or miss.
It's totally do-able but not a great experience, I recommend going with a Pixel or Oneplus device if you are really interested in Rooting/Custom ROMs.

Current:
Custom SFF AMD Sleeper:

Dell Precision M6700:

17 hours ago, Mnky313 said:

True, I actually have a N9600 (Unlocked Bootloader, Snapdragon) but It was not nearly as easy as many other devices, with new samsung devices (ones with unlocked bootloaders) you have to wait 7 days to actually flash anything (including TWRP or magisk). ROM compatibility is also hit or miss.
It's totally do-able but not a great experience, I recommend going with a Pixel or Oneplus device if you are really interested in Rooting/Custom ROMs.

okay, I will keep this in mind.

Although I have never tried to install a custom ROM or root a samsung device, I've heard that they are not really easy to do, especially the exynos ones.

I currently have a Oneplus 5t, rooted and with an unlocked bootloader with Havoc OS 3.0 installed, but the 5t is kinda old at this point, and I was looking for a device with a great camera. But unfortunately, where I live, Pixels are way overpriced in the used market. Same goes for iphones.

So the only option left was Samsung.

3 hours ago, Classified101 said:

okay, I will keep this in mind.

Although I have never tried to install a custom ROM or root a samsung device, I've heard that they are not really easy to do, especially the exynos ones.

I currently have a Oneplus 5t, rooted and with an unlocked bootloader with Havoc OS 3.0 installed, but the 5t is kinda old at this point, and I was looking for a device with a great camera. But unfortunately, where I live, Pixels are way overpriced in the used market. Same goes for iphones.

So the only option left was Samsung.

Ok, Samsung and LG have proprietary voLTE/IMS implimentations if you didn't know, so AOSP based ROMs don't have voLTE (no calls and depending on carrier no SMS over LTE, it will fall back to 3g/2g). I had tons of problems on Verizon with texts not going through or receiving without voLTE but this was a few years ago so it might have gotten a little better.
If you don't mine oneUI then Samsung is fine, as long as you get a '0' model (N9600,G9600,G9650,etc.) you should be able to get all carrier functions working perfectly an be able to root/install TWRP, etc.
The F/N variants (Exynos) can get root but in the US your data speeds will be absolutely awful (because of the lack of carrier aggregation). If you aren't in the US then this doesn't matter, you should be able to get carrier aggregation outside of the US)

Current:
Custom SFF AMD Sleeper:

Dell Precision M6700:

3 hours ago, Mnky313 said:

Ok, Samsung and LG have proprietary voLTE/IMS implimentations if you didn't know, so AOSP based ROMs don't have voLTE (no calls and depending on carrier no SMS over LTE, it will fall back to 3g/2g). I had tons of problems on Verizon with texts not going through or receiving without voLTE but this was a few years ago so it might have gotten a little better.
If you don't mine oneUI then Samsung is fine, as long as you get a '0' model (N9600,G9600,G9650,etc.) you should be able to get all carrier functions working perfectly an be able to root/install TWRP, etc.
The F/N variants (Exynos) can get root but in the US your data speeds will be absolutely awful (because of the lack of carrier aggregation). If you aren't in the US then this doesn't matter, you should be able to get carrier aggregation outside of the US)

This was a lot of new information for me. I didn't know that modding Samsung devices had so many restrictions.

I will have to dig deeper into this topic.

As for one UI, I don't mind it as long as it receives regular security updates. When that stops, then I'll probably try something else.

Thanks a lot for all these new information!