Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
frostyfarrow

PS5 vs Xbox Series X exclusives comparison

Posted · Original PosterOP

The main drawing factor for me, lies above the specs, the design, the marketing, or the fanbase. It is all about games, and which games are exclusive to the console. I just want to preface this discussion by saying: EXCLUSIVES ARE NOT A GOOD THING. They are ridiculously anti-consumer, and aren't really good for anything other than creating divisive fan-bases. Nevertheless, it's reality and there's no point in NOT discussing the offerings, which is what I want to do today. The following are both games that are confirmed and games that we all expect to be exclusive to a system despite them not being officially announced. 

PS5:

Godfall: Gearbox, borderlands style loot-n-shoot

Killzone (Rumoured): Futuristic FPS, competitor to HALO

Last of us 2 remastered: Self explanatory

Uncharted 5: Adventure game

Horizon Zero Dawn 2: Action-rpg

God of War 2

Little Big Planet 4: Game Sandbox

Spiderman 2 Game

XB SX: The new xbox doesn't have many new exclusives, but a big part of their pitch is that old exclusives can be played at a higher detail, so some of the games are from the xbox one that will be a big selling point for the series x.

Halo Infinite

Hellblade 2

Forza 5

Gears 5

Sea of thieves

Ashen

Edit: Fable

Possible?

Bloodborne 2 - PS5

Xbox peeps, please let me know any other names I can add to the xbox list. I did some searching and couldn't find much geared specifically towards the new xbox. 

So, what do you guys think? I'm still in love with the PS5 roster tbh.

Playstation has a heap of good single player titles and exclusive stuff to give me a reason to buy a PS5. I honestly have no reason to buy an X-Box though, i have a good gaming PC and just about all X-Box games can be played on PC soooo 🤷‍♂️

To me, the gaming holy trinity is PC-Playstation-Nintendo, that'll cover just about all of your gaming needs. 

Edit:  You should add Fable to your X-Box list, they're making a new one of that franchise, once again though, we'll be able to play it on PC lol 

Edited by Newenthusiast
19 minutes ago, Newenthusiast said:

Playstation has a heap of good single player titles and exclusive stuff to give me a reason to buy a PS5. I honestly have no reason to buy an X-Box though, i have a good gaming PC and just about all X-Box games can be played on PC soooo 🤷‍♂️

To me, the gaming holy trinity is PC-Playstation-Nintendo, that'll cover just about all of your gaming needs. 

Edit:  You should add Fable to your X-Box list, they're making a new one of that franchise, once again though, we'll be able to play it on PC lol 

Yea MS are really shooting themselves in the foot, but like, it's better for consumers but bad for sales. Kind of a shitty situation for MS ngl.

I really have to disagree with op on exclusives. I think they're one of the main things keeping single player gaming interesting. Sony especially puts out great exclusives to get you to buy into their ecosystem. Stuff like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us, Uncharted are almost like loss leaders to get you to use Playstation so they can get that 30% cut of every sale when people buy their yearly COD, FIFA, NBA 2k, or blow money on crap in Fortnite. I'd certainly rather Sony be taking that 30% cut when I get great single player games out of it versus Valve who does jack shit interesting with those fat tributes from Steam (seriously, where is Portal 3 or Half Life 3?). Without exclusives being a carrot Sony can dangle in front of people to get them to buy into their ecosystem you'll see these great franchises like God of War become monetized the way EA, Ubisoft, Rockstar, and most other big studios' AAA games are these days. A gaming world without exclusives looks like a bleak one to me.

My system

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  Board: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition  GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-2400 CAS 11  SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB  HDD0: HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200RPM

HDD1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM  HDD2: WD Black 1TB 7200RPM  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro  PSU: Antec Neo Eco 620C

5 hours ago, Newenthusiast said:

If the rumors hold true, and there has to be something behind them if Digital Foundry is reporting them, it sounds like PS5 may invalidate PC gaming for a couple of years for me. I was pretty set on buying a 1660 Super or RX 5700 this year until I heard the leak about PS5 having an RX 5700 XT level gpu in it. If I can get that for $499 (or god even $399) with an SSD and an 8C/16T Ryzen 2 cpu (both of these officially confirmed) I don't see the point in dropping twice the money ($400 for an RX 5700 XT + $600 for full a platform upgrade to Ryzen 7 3700X) just to get console parity.

I think I might just get PS5 at launch and wait a couple of years for PC hardware to get fast + cheap enough to make sense again. Especially if Ampere ends up a Volta successor only for Tesla cards and we end up with a Turing refresh from Nvidia again for this year's gaming cards. When I built my Xeon E3-1231v3 + GTX 970 + 16GB RAM system in 2014 it was twice the price of PS4, but ran games at twice the framerate so the money was justified. But that doesn't look to be the case this time around.

My system

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  Board: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition  GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-2400 CAS 11  SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB  HDD0: HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200RPM

HDD1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM  HDD2: WD Black 1TB 7200RPM  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro  PSU: Antec Neo Eco 620C

14 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I really have to disagree with op on exclusives. I think they're one of the main things keeping single player gaming interesting. Sony especially puts out great exclusives to get you to buy into their ecosystem. Stuff like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us, Uncharted are almost like loss leaders to get you to use Playstation so they can get that 30% cut of every sale when people buy their yearly COD, FIFA, NBA 2k, or blow money on crap in Fortnite. I'd certainly rather Sony be taking that 30% cut when I get great single player games out of it versus Valve who does jack shit interesting with those fat tributes from Steam (seriously, where is Portal 3 or Half Life 3?). Without exclusives being a carrot Sony can dangle in front of people to get them to buy into their ecosystem you'll see these great franchises like God of War become monetized the way EA, Ubisoft, Rockstar, and most other big studios' AAA games are these days. A gaming world without exclusives looks like a bleak one to me.

I get where you're coming from, but it still doesn't feel right to lock down games to a certain ecosystem and make people feel bad about choosing a particular console. For instance, I would love to play Halo one day, but as someone not too big on PC FPS gaming and certainly not too big on Xbox, it seems like I never really will. I understand that from an economic/sales point of view it makes sense, but there has to be some other way to go about it. In the end it doesn't affect me much. Even though Halo is cool, I'm not dying to play it. All the exclusives I would actually want to play are on the PS ecosystem, and that's what I will get. Still, it sucks that my Xbox homies will never get to experience Uncharted or Bloodborne.

55 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

If the rumors hold true, and there has to be something behind them if Digital Foundry is reporting them, it sounds like PS5 may invalidate PC gaming for a couple of years for me. I was pretty set on buying a 1660 Super or RX 5700 this year until I heard the leak about PS5 having an RX 5700 XT level gpu in it. If I can get that for $499 (or god even $399) with an SSD and an 8C/16T Ryzen 2 cpu (both of these officially confirmed) I don't see the point in dropping twice the money ($400 for an RX 5700 XT + $600 for full a platform upgrade to Ryzen 7 3700X) just to get console parity.

I think I might just get PS5 at launch and wait a couple of years for PC hardware to get fast + cheap enough to make sense again. Especially if Ampere ends up a Volta successor only for Tesla cards and we end up with a Turing refresh from Nvidia again for this year's gaming cards. When I built my Xeon E3-1231v3 + GTX 970 + 16GB RAM system in 2014 it was twice the price of PS4, but ran games at twice the framerate so the money was justified. But that doesn't look to be the case this time around.

I'll definitely be getting a PS5 at launch, The Last of Us is my favorite game of all time and Part II looks amazing, i'll definitely be wanting to play the best possible version of that game when the system becomes available, plus the whole thing with haptic feedback in the triggers will be so cool when pulling the string back on your bow as you're about to shoot someone 😊

3 minutes ago, Newenthusiast said:

I'll definitely be getting a PS5 at launch, The Last of Us is my favorite game of all time and Part II looks amazing, i'll definitely be wanting to play the best possible version of that game when the system becomes available, plus the whole thing with haptic feedback in the triggers will be so cool when pulling the string back on your bow as you're about to shoot someone 😊

Such a dilemma there because I know I'm going to want to play TLOU, Part II at launch in the summer. But its graphics definitely look like they'll be too much to get a stable 30 fps on my PS4 Slim even with Naughty Dog's expertise.

My system

Honestly, the trade in price to step up from a slim to a pro isn't that massive and you'll be able to trade the pro in for the PS5 later on too, there's no way i'd be playing Part II on anything other than a Pro + 4k TV. 

1 hour ago, Newenthusiast said:

Honestly, the trade in price to step up from a slim to a pro isn't that massive and you'll be able to trade the pro in for the PS5 later on too, there's no way i'd be playing Part II on anything other than a Pro + 4k TV. 

I priced it out and it would be $228 after tax to trade my Slim 500GB in for a used Pro at Gamestop. That's $8 more than I paid for my Slim with Uncharted 4 back in 2016.

My system

3 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I priced it out and it would be $228 after tax to trade my Slim 500GB in for a used Pro at Gamestop. That's $8 more than I paid for my Slim with Uncharted 4 back in 2016.

That sounds a bit harsh, i remember paying $150 AUD or so to trade mine in but i got rid of some games i didn't play anymore too i guess. 

4 hours ago, Newenthusiast said:

That sounds a bit harsh, i remember paying $150 AUD or so to trade mine in but i got rid of some games i didn't play anymore too i guess. 

I hate selling games. Every time I sell a game I didn't hate I end up buying it again lol.

My system