Best temp indicator w/ alarm set feature included?

binar

Fellow Forum Members,

The link below shows the only temp sensor with an alarm I was able to find. I would very much like to buy this Thermaltake Pacific TF1 but it has too many negative Amazon reviews. There are several comments pointing out it has a problem with leaking, making too much noise, and the display screen failing:

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Pacific-Temperature-Indicator-CL-W219-PL00BL/dp/B07KR8VQQL/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=pacific+sensor&qid=1578888418&s=electronics&sr=1-4

I would appreciate it a lot if anybody in this community can recommend an alternative to the Thermaltake Pacific TF1 Temperature and Flow Indicator.  Does anyone know if some other PC manufacturer selling a version of a temp sensor/flow meter that has the features listed below included into the design?

• Allows one to set a temperature alarm that automatically beeps if the loop temperature gets higher than the set temperature..
  • Shows the temperature in Farenheit and not Celsius.
  • Shows the flow rate of the coolant in the loop.
  • Does not make excessive noise

Any opinions welcome and thank you for your time.

2 hours ago, binar said:

Fellow Forum Members,

The link below shows the only temp sensor with an alarm I was able to find. I would very much like to buy this Thermaltake Pacific TF1 but it has too many negative Amazon reviews. There are several comments pointing out it has a problem with leaking, making too much noise, and the display screen failing:

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Pacific-Temperature-Indicator-CL-W219-PL00BL/dp/B07KR8VQQL/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=pacific+sensor&qid=1578888418&s=electronics&sr=1-4

I would appreciate it a lot if anybody in this community can recommend an alternative to the Thermaltake Pacific TF1 Temperature and Flow Indicator.  Does anyone know if some other PC manufacturer selling a version of a temp sensor/flow meter that has the features listed below included into the design?

• Allows one to set a temperature alarm that automatically beeps if the loop temperature gets higher than the set temperature..
  • Shows the temperature in Farenheit and not Celsius.
  • Shows the flow rate of the coolant in the loop.
  • Does not make excessive noise

Any opinions welcome and thank you for your time.

thermaltake temp sensor does it exept flow meter, there is no need for a flow sensor, a simple flow indicator does the job of showing that pump is working.

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

MaratM,

Thanks for the post. I agree. The flow meter part is not necessary. The feature I really need is a Temperature Warning Alert. The Thermaltake Pacific Temperature Sensor you are recommending is the same one I show in the Amazon link I posted. This Thermaltake sensor has many negative reviews so I do not want to buy it.

Does anybody in this community know of an alternative sensor I could buy that includes a Temperature Warning Alert feature?  My hope is the Thermaltake sensor is not the only temp sensor in the market that has this feature available?  Thank you for your time.

6 hours ago, binar said:

The Thermaltake Pacific Temperature Sensor you are recommending is the same one I show in the Amazon link I posted

No, you’ve posted the double (flow+temp) sensor, my link is a straight temp sensor. I’ve been using the same for a couple of years and did not have any issues, it does not make any noise (it can not produce any noise due to the fact it has no moving parts.

image.thumb.jpg.58dd3bd7e3802c4d16c976873ec60b5c.jpg

unless thermaltake stop making them use it. 

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

MaratM,

Thank you for clarifying my mistake. I was not aware Thermaltake has two versions of this product and therefore did not realize your straight temp sensor differs from what my Amazon link shows which is a "flow+temp" version of the product.

Nevertheless, I spent a good amount of time today looking all over the internet for an online vendor selling your straight temp sensor version and at the end what I learned is it is no longer for sale. Thermaltake no longer makes it and has replaced it with the "flow+temp "version which I do not like because it has too many negative points. In short, I was only able to find it on Ebay for sale in a used condition. So decided to buy it since I can't buy it in a new condition anymore.

My hope is my pre-owned Thermaltake straight sensor is not broken and works without a problem. From what I gather, this Thermaltake product seems to be the only one which offers a way of setting up a Temperature Warning Alarm. I wish other manufacturers were selling competing products but for right now I believe Thermaltake is the only manufacturer selling a temp sensor with a Temperature Warning Alarm feature included.

Thanks for your help again and sharing with me your Thermaltake sensor has been operating for two years without a problem.

I had one of those. It was in my loop for a hour before i drained it and threw it in a box never to be seen again.

Most of them seem to be made of aluminium as well. Something to keep in mind.

Im guessing the fact you need it means you dont have water temp headers on your motherboard?