My motherboard won't output signal to my monitor.

Hello everyone! So, I have a problem going on with my PC right now. I tried rolling back to a very old BIOS version (from 1302 to 602), and now my motherboard's Q-code panel says "0F" (MICROCODE NOT LOADED) , whenever I try to boot up my PC. My board is ASUS HERO XI (Wi-Fi), and I can't even enter BIOS now. I tried doing a Flashback with a USB, but the button that's supposed to flash was solid after 5 seconds of blinking, which means I can't use Flashback either. I was rolling back my BIOS using this method: https://youtu.be/DwJS8-GTgRU , maybe that'll help you understand my problem. 

I want you to pull the HDD.

Get the motherboard disk and slap it into the DVD reader.

Post from that disk. You want to go to bios recovery. This will put the stock bios onto the board. Which is probably what the issue is. 

Why might I ask where you going to bios 602?

17 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Post from that disk. You want to go to bios recovery. This will put the stock bios onto the board. Which is probably what the issue is. 

Overclocking and performance issues. That's kinda it... 

22 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Is this the disk im supposed to POST from?

15788603535338777123638339765054.jpg

Hopefully it posts from that motherboard disk. 

Cause Bios and Flash back are your only other options.

If the flash was successful, you may have removed the cpu from compatibility list, (don't quote me there, I'd have to look)

I just looked.

Bios revision 1005 is where the 9900K is supported. The motherboard disk may not be that new of a revision...…..

Here is a useful link for you.  do not know if this works, haven't had to try it (knock on wood)

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99490-Flash-any-most-Asus-motherboard-Bios-in-DOS-with-USB-tutorial-Intel-AMD-roll-back

1 minute ago, JelloBeat said:

Is this the disk im supposed to POST from?

you ninja'ed me! lol

Yes, that's the disk. (may not have bios 1005 for 9900K support.) read above

7 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

you ninja'ed me! lol

Yes, that's the disk. (may not have bios 1005 for 9900K support.) read above

But what if my PC doesnt have a DVD tray? Do i have to get an external one? 

4 minutes ago, JelloBeat said:

But what if my PC doesnt have a DVD tray? Do i have to get an external one? 

Internal Sata DVD reader is cheap. You case doesn't have slot for one? 

People don't use DVD readers/writers anymore? 

damn.... I'm getting old.... :(

25 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Internal Sata DVD reader is cheap. You case doesn't have slot for one? 

People don't use DVD readers/writers anymore? 

damn.... I'm getting old.... :(

I mean... I have a DVD reader on my other PC, maybe copying files from that DVD to a USB will help?

22 minutes ago, JelloBeat said:

I mean... I have a DVD reader on my other PC, maybe copying files from that DVD to a USB will help?

That wont work. 

Youll need to use bios or flash back to update to 1005.

I don't think the disk will have a bios revision that new.

4 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

That wont work. 

Youll need to use bios or flash back to update to 1005.

I don't think the disk will have a bios revision that new.

So, what do i do now? If there is no 1005 bios on that disk, am i doomed? 

Not doomed no.

Let me get on a pc around here to give you some guides for flash back and such. I think you can even flash without a cpu installed.

Ill gather the links in a few.

OK here you go.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

This is the manual. Page 80 describes how to recover th bios from the disk.

https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/C1spIFYcHzS.pdf

Since the cpu may not be supported by the disk, you will find instructions on how to update the bios from the recovery bios. 

I suggest you DL the bios file that supports the chip first 1005. Then update to current supported version for updates to stability cpu support mem support and so forth.

(Now I don't know for sure that your bios is bricked, but by the way you describe it, it is.)

Bios updating takes time. Let the system do it's thing. If after 15 minutes of nothing, power off. Clear the cmos via jumper or button on the back for 10 seconds. If you count fast, count 20 seconds. Then try the bios update or flash back/recovery again.

During updating, If ever prompted to clear cmos, do so.

14 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

OK here you go.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

This is the manual. Page 80 describes how to recover th bios from the disk.

https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/C1spIFYcHzS.pdf

Since the cpu may not be supported by the disk, you will find instructions on how to update the bios from the recovery bios. 

I suggest you DL the bios file that supports the chip first 1005. Then update to current supported version for updates to stability cpu support mem support and so forth.

(Now I don't know for sure that your bios is bricked, but by the way you describe it, it is.)

Bios updating takes time. Let the system do it's thing. If after 15 minutes of nothing, power off. Clear the cmos via jumper or button on the back for 10 seconds. If you count fast, count 20 seconds. Then try the bios update or flash back/recovery again.

During updating, If ever prompted to clear cmos, do so.

Whenever i try doing a flashback, the button's light blinks for 5 seconds, and then goes solid again. I've done every step from the guide you linked, and i dont think that i cant enter the crashfree bios because my motherboard's bios doesnt support my cpu... 

Purchase a cheap low end chip supported by the Motherboard at lower bios revisions. Look at the list. 

That's the only way you might post that board without going through all the updating troubles.

22 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Purchase a cheap low end chip supported by the Motherboard at lower bios revisions. Look at the list. 

That's the only way you might post that board without going through all the updating troubles.

I have a very stupid idea: i want to buy a cpu that's supported by the bios that i installed (example: Celeron G4900), replace my 9900k, and then upgrade my bios back to it's newer version. Will this work? 

You use the low end chip to do all the bios updates needed. You put the 9900K in last.

When you want to swap the chips, be sure to clear cmos before installing the 9900K.