[[[[Spoilers]]]] The Witcher (netflix) talk

zassou

it seems no one bother making a post about it, so here it is.

i was a bit confused about the multiple timeline narrative, i think this sort of "high end" art form may scare some people away. i really want to recommend this show to others.

because unlike got, which nothing more than some lengthy court dramas in a sword and magic fantasy skin, filled with mary sue and stupid plot twist. the witcher is genuinely gripping in its own way, and (really) not shy from the fantasy elements, like big army battles, swordfighting, magic and of course, gore and nudity.

im saying this because some in my family, they glued their eyes to those massively produced (over 100 episodes), shittyly made soap operas with overly used plots, from where they were born. i tried to recommend some good shows to them, from very well received drama like house, to anime like one punch man, and even artsy like true detective. but all they say is, they dont like those things, they dont understand them.

they seemly just want something that "moves", with a low entry bar, not "brain-burning" as they would say, to watch on their oversized phones in a portrait orientation.

===

ENsyJ7LX0AAdciH.jpg.8e306086c251c6eb25c4fbdc7799ac77.jpg

===

anyway, thats my own rant. i do feel it's a bit confusing the way they arrange things in s1, even to us who have some knowledge with the series. i dont read reviews, but if i write one, im afraid this is will cost it a couple of points.

and i generally hope they could go a bit old-fashioned in the 2nd season. one bad thing tho, i have to wait another year.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

5 hours ago, zassou said:

it seems no one bother making a post about it, so here it is.

I did. The topic went no where. 

I enjoyed the serries. Though I never played the games or read the books. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

15 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I did. The topic went no where. 

I enjoyed the serries. Though I never played the games or read the books. 

yeah me pretty much, i played a bit 3, never quite finished it since i only paly it for streaming. abandoning for lack of viewer and worsen network status. never played the first 2 or read the novels. but the adaptation is based on the novel, not the game, so i think its find then.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

IMHO, the show started off well. And then it lost me when things got super political and then the inevitable war started. Fantasy wars are so overdone. And it was just hard for me to root for anybody in the story. It’s like everyone is a pawn without a semblance of personality. 

I love watching people struggle and progress. So I’ll stick to my reality TV shows. With REAL People. 

I think it’s okay, perhaps it’ll get better with season 2. It’s not on par with GoT. But I gotta say, Henry Cavill did a better job as Geralt of Rivia than Clark Kent in BvS and Justice League. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I enjoyed watching Henry Cavill's physique and listening to the soundtrack. Lost count how many times I replayed "Toss a Coin to Your Witcher" and "The Song of the White Wolf" ...

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X