Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BHuff04

Need Help Finding Location of CMOS Battery

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello all, I just replaced a broken MSI board for an ASUS Strix B450-i motherboard, and get absolutely no post. My peripherals don't even light up. I've had this problem many times with different machines so I know that the best solution is to remove the CMOS battery. The problem is that I can't find any CMOS battery anywhere. I've never worked with a Mini ITX board before, so maybe there is a smaller battery type than the standard CMOS battery? The manual clearly states to remove the onboard battery if shorting the two pins does not work, so I'm assuming that there has to be some kind of battery. I posted pictures of the front and rear of the board. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Asus Board.jpg

Asus Board Rear.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BHuff04 said:

MSI board for an ASUS Strix B450-i

What’s your cpu? Maybe you have to update bios before you can use it?? And that is the location of cmos battery 👇

 

37F0B050-3734-4E41-B2BF-FB05D84F65E0.jpeg


   @Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz  |  CM Hyper 212 Black  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4) 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD

 

                                          WHIRO

         THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

 

        He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Whiro said:

What’s your cpu? Maybe you have to update bios before you can use it?? And that is the location of cmos battery 👇

 

37F0B050-3734-4E41-B2BF-FB05D84F65E0.jpeg

Thanks for pointing that out! Unfortunately, I tried two different CMOS batteries and still nothing. Is there a way you can update the bios before actually using it? Outdated drivers could definitely be the issue, but I can't even access the BIOS to even select an option of updating it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BHuff04 said:

Thanks for pointing that out! Unfortunately, I tried two different CMOS batteries and still nothing. Is there a way you can update the bios before actually using it? Outdated drivers could definitely be the issue, but I can't even access the BIOS to even select an option of updating it.

Let’s start with you telling me what’s your cpu. It may be bios but can’t be sure without knowing all details


   @Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz  |  CM Hyper 212 Black  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4) 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD

 

                                          WHIRO

         THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

 

        He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 1/12/2020 at 1:15 PM, Whiro said:

Let’s start with you telling me what’s your cpu. It may be bios but can’t be sure without knowing all details

Sorry for the late reply, I've been super busy. My CPU is a Ryzen 3600, so I don't think there should be any compatibility issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BHuff04 said:

Sorry for the late reply, I've been super busy. My CPU is a Ryzen 3600, so I don't think there should be any compatibility issues.

Imo it’s either problem with psu or more likely your bios is not up to date. Remember that Ryzen 3rd gen came out after many of this b450 boards, that’s why they need bios update 


   @Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz  |  CM Hyper 212 Black  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4) 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD

 

                                          WHIRO

         THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

 

        He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 hours ago, Whiro said:

Imo it’s either problem with psu or more likely your bios is not up to date. Remember that Ryzen 3rd gen came out after many of this b450 boards, that’s why they need bios update 

I just Re-Plugged everything in with a different PSU and still nothing. Is there a way I can update the BIOS even when it's not posting?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×