Hard tube loop - Feedback required

Currently building a hard tube build and I need some feedback on loop order.

Yellow = Hard tube

Purple = Soft tube

I have yet to install to the GPU block. Pump and drainport will be installed in the back using softtubing. 

Note: mobo VRM's are watercooled too

I know loop order doesn't really matter, except for putting a reservoir before the pump. In this scenario it will be the radiator (mounted on the right). Not sure if that will work?

Was playing around with mounting the radiator to the top.

Any feedback? Suggestions?

loop planning.png

2 minutes ago, xenic said:

Yellow = Hard tube

Purple = Soft tube

I have yet to install to the GPU block. Pump and drainport will be installed in the back using softtubing. 

I know loop order doesn't really matter, except for putting a reservoir before the pump. In this scenario it will be the radiator (mounted on the right). Not sure if that will work?

if you want to use the radiator as your reservoir you need to make sure the connections are on the bottom. your pump is gravity-fed, so it cannot pull liquid from the top of the rad.

why don't you use one of the two other reservoirs to feed the pump?

On 1/12/2020 at 5:34 AM, xenic said:

Yellow = Hard tube

Purple = Soft tube

I assume your pump will be in the rear between the two purple portions where the long horizontal res is the one feeding it. 

Also to note that motherboard has barb fittings which cannot be removed so you cannot use hardline tubing to that VRM block. 

On 1/12/2020 at 11:38 AM, RollinLower said:

if you want to use the radiator as your reservoir you need to make sure the connections are on the bottom. your pump is gravity-fed, so it cannot pull liquid from the top of the rad.

why don't you use one of the two other reservoirs to feed the pump?

I decided to leave the current layout as it is. The bottom reservoir will be feeding the pump in the back.

18 hours ago, W-L said:

I assume your pump will be in the rear between the two purple portions where the long horizontal res is the one feeding it. 

Also to note that motherboard has barb fittings which cannot be removed so you cannot use hardline tubing to that VRM block. 

That is correct

I am aware of this. I solved this by using an elbow fitting (that is female on both sides). Ons side will have a soft  tube fitting, with a small piece a soft tube over the barb fitting. The other side just regular hard tube and fitting.

Tested it today and it should work great ;)

May be difficult but could see if ek offered a block for it. Looks like third gen. 
I got block for both of my 4 gen ASUS boards. 
would make it cleaner for hard line, instead of adapting it. 

A399229D-B99B-4669-A535-228E4B1A3788.jpeg

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

2 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

May be difficult but could see if ek offered a block for it. Looks like third gen. 
I got block for both of my 4 gen ASUS boards. 
would make it cleaner for hard line, instead of adapting it. 

A399229D-B99B-4669-A535-228E4B1A3788.jpeg

Thanks for the tip. Looked it up and they actually did make a kit for the Maximus V. 

But like you said, finding one is the difficult part.

For now I'll stay with my current solution and will post some results here. I think the result will be quite decent. 

image.png.c3862afde40d4634d22f5f46aa19d871.png