Laptop for a incoming college student

I'm going to be heading off to college soon to start my engineering degree, and I'm wondering what laptop I should get since I don't want to carry around my strix hero three. 

The ideal laptop:15inches, solid keyboard and trackpad, 6+hours of battery life, thunderbolt 3 so I can slap a external gpu for some gaming after classes, at least 1tb of storage and 16gb of upgradeable ram. If you need more details just lmk

Oh, I don't leave for several months, still in highschool rn, so I won't mind saving

Check the new dell xps, they’re the king of thin and light and the athena rated ones are guaranteed 10 hours of battery.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

2 minutes ago, AzrealNoctis said:

I'm going to be heading off to college soon to start my engineering degree, and I'm wondering what laptop I should get since I don't want to carry around my strix hero three. 

The ideal laptop:15inches, solid keyboard and trackpad, 6+hours of battery life, thunderbolt 3 so I can slap a external gpu for some gaming after classes, at least 1tb of storage and 16gb of upgradeable ram. If you need more details just lmk

Honestly, I would consider keeping the Strix in your room, and getting a thin and light style laptop to take to class... College is a lot more walking/talking/etc then you think, well, at least mine and most people I know it was.

I had a 13 in macbook since it fit that bill, and it served me well with Windows 7 on it. Then I had my actual PC in my room for gaming and heavy lifting. Its really hard to have a do it all laptop for college in my opinion...

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Do you need the laptop now? Preferred max weight in kg/lbs? Where are you from?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Alright, now we have a tie between the Dell XPS 15 with the gtx 1650 or the Razer blade 15, what would be the pros and cons of each?

19 hours ago, AzrealNoctis said:

Alright, now we have a tie between the Dell XPS 15 with the gtx 1650 or the Razer blade 15, what would be the pros and cons of each?

Neither are good options, therefore comparison isn't needed

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

2 minutes ago, genexis_x said:

Neither are good options, therefore comparison isn't needed

Why do you say that?

On 1/12/2020 at 2:02 PM, AzrealNoctis said:

If you need the laptop now: May I know where are you from? Budget? Preferred max weight in kg/lbs?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler