Seagate 4tb Question

perplex

the Seagate Barracuda 4TB ST4000DM000

is 5900 RPM, i thought Seagate stopped doing that. does anyone know if they are going to do a 7200 RPM soon?

so the 3tb versions are 1tb platters but are 7200 RPM. but why are the 4TB 5900 and still 1tb platters, thats what i mean

yea i was wondering if anyone saw some news about it or anything, thanks though

off-topic: perplex, how is your new nas / server coming along. sorry for dropping out on you on the last forum. i got really upset about Vbullitin 5 and just stopped visiting the forum.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

yea the old forum sucked, thing is, i still havent got one ROFL! im the type of person that will only get if i 101% need

what i plan to do is build and use flexraid still, i was going to buy a 4tb seagate but it wasnt 7200 rpm so that put me off, and that would go into the NAS in the future, then i decided ill wait for haswell but i dont think they are making a i3 so... ill just build it super slow once i get 2 hard drives ill mirror them, then ill buy a NAS and put them in there as raid 1 and go from there

lol i dont like to spend my money :(

good to see you back!!