Cooling an i7-9700 non k

ayyitzlav

So I have a pre built and my cpu idles at 50ish degrees, and on load its around 70-75, with sudden jumps to 90-100, is there a way i can try to keep the cpu temps down for now? (i will be getting new cpu cooler soon, and i dont really mind noise) 

Set minimal CPU fan RPMs higher and the point when it goes all the way to 100% to 85° C, that should get rid of jumps to 100° C.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Stock cooler i assume? i'd recommend a third party cooler instead, they're easier to change than you think and will help a lot in cooling. I'm running a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition with my 9700 and it never goes above 35c on idle

5 minutes ago, Juular said:

Set minimal CPU fan RPMs higher and the point when it goes all the way to 100% to 85° C, that should get rid of jumps to 100° C.

5 minutes ago, ayyitzlav said:

i cant control my cpu fan speeds

Then you can't change anything, bear with it until you replace it, there's nothing dangerous with these thermals, it may just throttle a bit when hitting 100° C.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

On 1/11/2020 at 10:34 AM, Juular said:

Then you can't change anything, bear with it until you replace it, there's nothing dangerous with these thermals, it may just throttle a bit when hitting 100° C.

this is my cpu cooler and, im getting a new cooler soon

okay

On 1/11/2020 at 10:31 AM, Crunken said:

Stock cooler i assume? i'd recommend a third party cooler instead, they're easier to change than you think and will help a lot in cooling. I'm running a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition with my 9700 and it never goes above 35c on idle

How much tdp is that cooler btw?

11 hours ago, ayyitzlav said:

How much tdp is that cooler btw?

150w acording to google :P

It runs great on my 9700, screenshot is from idle and it never goes above 65c at full load
image.png.b7cf2248a9b636ee1f22c63e0066029d.png

Were your temps always high or was this a recent change? Have you tried replacing the thermal paste?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

it was always this high when playing assassins creed titles, but all is fine now, i have upgraded to a nh-l9x65 and have got 10-30 degrees lower

Idle at 50 is too much unless that is already your ember temp.

It could be the contact or the ventilation. Given that you are not likely to water cooled it. Post a diagram of your case to the community. 

Are you using Drll/Lenovo/HP prebuild or something with normal motherboard?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv