Corsair iCue to support asus motherboard RGB lighting control

ETHREAL1
1 minute ago, Demonking said:

That and my OLOy WarHawk ram and i hope evga start using aura too 

This does not make it so you can control aura compatible ram, you still need Corsair ram if you want that... this is just MB support

But this is great new for people like me that want as little crud ware as possible but still functionality, like I have an impact for my new yet unfinished build, and I was planning to just disable the MB RGB entirely, but now....

I use Corsair iCue for lots of things, lighting, custom control profiles for my mouse and keyboard, AIO and fan control, and if there was a iCue compatible SFF PSU that too,

I love that I can have just 1 program set to auto start

1 hour ago, ETHREAL1 said:

Never said aura was good, I actually think it’s crud, but I’m saying is it’s not hard to kill, I’ve removed it from my machine, and about the machines of 4-5 of my friends, all you need to do is get REVO uninstaller, disable auto start of the program, service, and windows app (if applicable) reboot, then nuke them with revo and then check the registry’s two locations for auto start to make sure there is no aura stuff left and if so remove them.

As opposed to the normal way to remove software which is to run the uninstaller. And then it's uninstalled. 

1 hour ago, Waffles13 said:

the normal way to remove software which is to run the uninstaller.

You have no idea how bad that is, I would say 65-95% of those uninstaller either leave junk everywhere or actually don’t remove anything at all.... I’ve seen uninstallers that literally all they do is remove the program from the programs list, all the registry items and files and even services are still there.... you can even run most of them even though there “uninstalled” 

Can anyone confirm if iCUE will allow lighting control of G.Skill RAM as well? Or is it only controlling the lighting that is integrated into the motherboard?

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

1 minute ago, CPT_BEEMO said:

Can anyone confirm if iCUE will allow lighting control of G.Skill RAM as well? Or is it only controlling the lighting that is integrated into the motherboard?

For now I believe it's limited to motherboard only

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

For now I believe it's limited to motherboard only

That's kinda poopy. Almost not worth while for a small bit of lighting control on my board (x-470-f asus ROG)

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

I am happy about this, i like ICUE and i love ASUS mobos. Win win for me.

My Current Build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/36jXwh

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO XT | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card | Storage: Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 - Sandisk SSD 240GB - Sandisk SSD 1TB - WD Blue 4TB| PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair - Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm x 2 | Display: Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard: Logitech - G613 | Mouse: Logitech - G703 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

This is great!  Now if only they could release an updated version of the RGB mousepad which can store an onboard profile.  PC goes to sleep and BOOM, RGB lightshow in my bedroom.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, so, it worked great for two days, now at random i cant get my mobo lighting to come on at all....     only when the computer is off does it do its default glow....