Sound cards as substitute for Audio drivers?

PastaDwarf

Hello everyone, I need some help. I am currently still using a 1st gen i7 870 along with a GTX 1060 6GB. Yes I am already on my way in upgrading to a Ryzen soon. On my current system I am using an Asrock H55M-LE, the problem is I am using a Windows 10 64-bit system, the audio drivers for my system wont work since they only released a Windows 7 version. My microphone needs some adjustment with its sound and on my other system, I am able to adjust it with the drivers of the audio, on this system I current cant. Now my question is would a sound card be able to substitute for this?

"It doesn't matter how expensive or how high end your system is, what matters is that you are having fun using it to play the games you love."

46 minutes ago, PastaDwarf said:

Now my question is would a sound card be able to substitute for this?

Yes, a discrete soundcard would be a solution. No point in buying anything terribly expensive, though.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

theres a windows 8 driver for the audio chip , does that not work?

1 hour ago, PastaDwarf said:

Hello everyone, I need some help. I am currently still using a 1st gen i7 870 along with a GTX 1060 6GB. Yes I am already on my way in upgrading to a Ryzen soon. On my current system I am using an Asrock H55M-LE, the problem is I am using a Windows 10 64-bit system, the audio drivers for my system wont work since they only released a Windows 7 version. My microphone needs some adjustment with its sound and on my other system, I am able to adjust it with the drivers of the audio, on this system I current cant. Now my question is would a sound card be able to substitute for this?

Windows 7 and Windows 10 audio mixers work different, so that's why it does that. However you can try the Windows 8 driver on it and it should work.

https://d34vhvz8ul1ifj.cloudfront.net/Driver/v10_1200a.zip

http://download.viatech.com/en/support/driversSelect.jsp select Microsoft Windows, Windows 8/8.1, Audio, VIA Vinyl HD Audio Driver.

The adjustments however might simply not be where you expect them. The Sound Control panel, even in Win 10, is still used to make those adjustments.