Which polling rate do you use?

Cygi

Hey, 

What polling rates do you guys use? I can’t decide if I should use 500 or 1000 on my viper ultimate. I know the higher one gives you 1 ms faster response time. What’s your opinion and experience with that?

Thanks for the answers ^^

I cant think of a reason why you wouldnt want to max it out.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

i have no idea how it works in any way.

but if it makes it faster then go for it.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

The higher one cause your aim to be “more precise” tracks your every small shake and wiggle. Aim feels less smooth but more responsive 

I just leave polling-rate and DPI at whatever default settings. Never noticed any meaningful difference when fiddling with them.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I just leave polling-rate and DPI at whatever default settings. Never noticed any meaningful difference when fiddling with them.

That means absolutely nothing.
I do notice a difference...
And i bet a professional gamer even more so.

Where does this idea come from, "oh I don't notice it so it don't exist". Its so damn selfish.

Anyway the polling rate is the amount of times it reports back (per second on most apps) i put that to the max. So it always gets the newest data.

I do the same for my screen, have the most fps possible. Even tho it wont display it all you do get the newest frames possible.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Just now, HanZie82 said:

That means absolutely nothing.
I do notice a difference...
And i bet a professional gamer even more so.

Where does this idea come from, "oh I don't notice it so it don't exist". Its so damn selfish.

What are you babbling about? I didn't say it doesn't exist, I didn't say jack shit about professional gamers or anything the likes. I just simply commented about MY experience. Go grind your axe elsewhere.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Some people say that they can tell the difference between 500Hz and 1000Hz but that's bullshit.  I run 1000Hz with no problems so I keep it at that

and nice profile pic OP

1000Hz and especially if you use 240Hz monitor it's good to have it so. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, Haas_ said:

Some people say that they can tell the difference between 500Hz and 1000Hz but that's bullshit.  I run 1000Hz with no problems so I keep it at that

and nice profile pic OP

I mean there is difference though. It may not be some instantly drastic difference, depends if you play high framerate game on high hz monitor too. Over time and mice changes I changed from 800dpi 500Hz to 1600dpi 1000Hz and it feels more smother and responsive really. Not saying you can't play well on old config but yeah. 

For 240Hz+ display we'll see 2000Hz polling rate too. 

Can also check here https://www.blurbusters.com/faq/mouse-guide/

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

8 hours ago, Haas_ said:

and nice profile pic OP

try playing on 1000hz for a month and then switch back to 500, there is a difference. Gotta love the Panda ^^