Chinese Background?

kokakolia

Hello,

My background mysteriously changed to some Chinese caligraphy. Whenever I change the background back to the default, it switches back to this Chinese caligraphy. Is it a virus? How do I remove it?

(FYI, I have a paid version of ESET antivirus.)

Fond de plan.png

time to run a virus scan bud.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Somethign fishy's going on. If your microsoft account isn't signed in to any other computers where someone might have set this as the desktop background, run a virus scan.

I'm not a big fan of 3rd-party antivirus. You can use your antivirus, but also run a scan with windows' built-in defender, and download a trial of malwarebytes to run as well.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Install CCLeaner and take a look at Advanced -> Startup.  Easier way than screenshotting MSConfig.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Kinda looks like a postcard. You should have it translated, maybe someone is trying to communicate.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Does it change back to the swallow immediately after you change the background?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

30 minutes ago, martward said:

You should have it translated, maybe someone is trying to communicate.

then they better learn about what's too much cursive :D

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

1 minute ago, kokakolia said:

@RadiatingLightThis is a work laptop. I use all of the programs installed. 

@DoctorNickIt changes almost immediately to this background after I change the background in the settings

Is it your own laptop or one you get from the company you work for? If it is then go to the IT department and let them take a look at it.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 hour ago, DoctorNick said:

Is it your own laptop or one you get from the company you work for? If it is then go to the IT department and let them take a look at it.

Yeah, there is one IT guy. But I'm always on the move. And I hate going to the office, because it feels bad to leave 2~3 hours early (even if I have nothing to do all day long which happens frequently). And I don't want to leave before everyone else, so I stay an extra hour. My job rocks because I only have to intervene on construction sites a few hours at a time. I basically work 2~7 hours a day (and get paid 8). So I figured I would fix it myself. Going to the office is truly waste of my time (even if I'm technically paid to be there). Yeah, I'm spoiled. If I were doing the same job in Canada, I would be working 12~14 hours per day. 

2 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Yeah, there is one IT guy. But I'm always on the move. And I hate going to the office, because it feels bad to leave 2~3 hours early (even if I have nothing to do all day long which happens frequently). And I don't want to leave before everyone else, so I stay an extra hour. My job rocks because I only have to intervene on construction sites a few hours at a time. I basically work 2~7 hours a day (and get paid 8). So I figured I would fix it myself. Going to the office is truly waste of my time (even if I'm technically paid to be there). Yeah, I'm spoiled. If I were doing the same job in Canada, I would be working 12~14 hours per day. 

You got teamviewer on your laptop. Get the IT Guy to remote your PC. Also you must be from one of the welfare states ?

FS in Denmark/EU:

36 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

You got teamviewer on your laptop. Get the IT Guy to remote your PC. Also you must be from one of the welfare states ?

Nah! I’m working in Paris! I struggled too hard to find regular work in Canada. People in France have a different mentality about work. But most importantly, people in my company don’t know what I do. And they assume everything I do takes longer than in reality. It’s a good position. Everyone else works twice as much in my company. So I keep my mouth shut. 

UPDATE: I went into my settings again. Then I deleted this creepy Chinese theme (what do the letters even mean!? Is it an insult. I will never know...). Problem solved? 

I just don’t get why I had this theme to begin with. Maybe it will show up again? 

I know it’s trivial, but I don’t think my computer is running as well as the specs would suggest (virus scan and all...). But since my job involves connecting dots to make 3D models of holes, I don’t need much. This computer suffices.