• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
404usrnmntfnd

Gamefreak Announces Pokemon Expansion Pack

Yes but

Pokemon mystery dungeon

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

That's a legitimate complaint, but that would also mean that the release date for the base game would need to be extended out to June 2020 (so the game still wouldn't be out yet), given that they're still working on the DLC.

As far as I'm aware, that's a Nintendo thing, not a Gamefreak thing - I'm not sure that the Dev is given a choice as to whether you need Switch Online, if your game has online features.

More people need to vote with their wallet to ensure that devs get the proper message.

I would have been fine with the release being extended for a complete game. However, as we both know the bean counters and share holders wouldnt.

In regards to the Switch Online thing, that's possible it's Nintendo's doing, but if we consider to access the internet on the switch doesn't require Switch Online, then that means there is a way to do it the old fashioned way, and just connect.

I agree, people need to stop supporting this greed.

CPU: AMD Threadripper 2950X 16 Core/ 32 Thread 4.4ghz (XFR)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme

RAM: Quad Channel Gskill Flare X 32GB 2933mhz 14-14-14-34

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3

Case: Corsair Graphite 780T

Just now, Archer20 said:

I would have been fine with the release being extended for a complete game. However, as we both know the bean counters and share holders wouldnt.

True - which is why if people truly think the base game is not a good game (regardless of any possible post-launch DLC), they should refuse to buy it. Money is what the publisher understands.

Just now, Archer20 said:

In regards to the Switch Online thing, that's possible it's Nintendo's doing, but if we consider to access the internet on the switch doesn't require Switch Online, then that means there is a way to do it the old fashioned way, and just connect.

I don't think it's as easy as that - I'd assume Nintendo makes them sign a contract saying they have to abide by certain rules, and one of those rules is probably forcing all online content for a game to go through Switch Online. It's the same thing with Xbox Live - the dev doesn't get a choice, and they're not going to hack some workaround and risk getting banned from the platform.

For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

welp here goes another franchise i'm dropping out off.

Guess last thing i'll do with Pokemon is move all of my pokemon out off pokebank to Sun and cancel my sub.

It's been fun while it lasted. Hope more projects like tem tem pop up (not a fan of the art style) in the near future

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Take content out so you can sell it in a season pass. Classic.

...is there a question here? 🤔

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

On 1/11/2020 at 3:18 PM, dalekphalm said:

This is just flatly untrue.

First, "DLC" in the form of expansions certainly did exist in 1998. Here's probably one of the most famous examples:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft:_Brood_War

Released on December 18th, 1998

Second, with games today you pay one price and get the full game for that price (granted, this does vary per game, but for many many games, this is still the case). People who choose to buy DLC after the fact are choosing to buy additional content, released after the game came out, exactly like people choosing to buy an Expansion Pack like Brood War.

There are plenty of games that don't have Microtransactions (or they are purely cosmetic, therefore not impacting gameplay at all), and while the trend of exclusive launch DLC is fairly prevalent, this too existed back in the 90's in the form of "Deluxe editions", etc. But aside from that, there are games that don't do any of that stuff, and only put out post-launch DLC developed after the base game was finished.

Starcraft was a complete game experience, as was Warcraft 3, as was Diablo 2. They wrapped up their storylines within the content shipped on day one of the game's release and after they proved successful, expansion packs were released with additional story content based on the games' success.

I am comparing this to titles like Assassins' Creed Odyssey, which stated before release that the story content would be gated off if you were to only purchase the game by itself:

edition-comparison.jpg

I would have to put down more money than the price of the game for a product that has already been carved up. I'm also comparing it to games like Anthem, which came with a nice little "roadmap" of promised content which will likely never see the light of day now that the game is no longer being hailed as the next greatest thing since sliced bread.

On 1/11/2020 at 3:18 PM, dalekphalm said:

This has nothing to do with "current year" - this is you becoming an adult. Adult gamers back in 1998 had to deal with the same issues, and had to decide whether or not Brood War was worth paying the additional fee for. I don't recall the exact pricing, but Brood War was not a cheap expansion (rightfully so, given the massive amount of additional content) - I wouldn't be surprised if the release price for Brood War was the same as the release price for Starcraft 1.

If it followed the same model as the Frozen Throne and Lord of Destruction, the expansion cost half the price of the original game. That said, it misses the point I was trying to make. I managed to find a review which lists it as having an MSRP of $29,99 in May of 1999 alongside a Battle Chest that also includes the original game at $69,99.

And of course it has to do with me being an adult now. It's just that I was reacting to a post about my "suddenly having standards" when compared to the time I bought Pokemon Blue back in 1998. My standards have radically shifted with regards to video games in the past year since I finally had the opportunity and means to play some newer games than an Assassins' Creed game that had Ezio in it and when compared to games I played previously in the series, the 8 year-interim had seen little in improvement to the game experience outside of a graphical upgrade and the use of actors I would normally see in a non-interactive medium. I just don't think a lot of AAA modern-day games are worth $60, let alone however much more they expect for the "full game"