Beats studio 3 help

hix123

Hey guys I was looking up at headphones lately and I saw the Beats studio 3 for 230CAD (about 180usd) at bestbuy, I never been much of a beats guy but it really seems like it's a good deal. I would of never paid 400CAD for them as it's overpriced for what they are but at 230...

Are they as bad as some people say ? I kind of think they sound good and look good for that discounted price.

Please any advices ?

beats studio 3 are not very fun or great in general you can definitely get something way better

Are they as bad as some people say ?

Not a big fan of beats, don't think i ever heard a pair i liked. I would spend that money on Sennheiser HD 4.50R or m50x. 

14 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Not a big fan of beats, don't think i ever heard a pair i liked. I would spend that money on Sennheiser HD 4.50R or m50x. 

The m50x isn't a headphone most people would like in all honesty I would look elsewhere first and then give them a try if you still want them

3 hours ago, rice guru said:

The m50x isn't a headphone most people would like in all honesty I would look elsewhere first and then give them a try if you still want them

I guess its subjective but don't think i heard a single person said anything bad about about the m50x, especially for the price( taking sound quality wise). Beats on the other hand, i buy a pair every 5 years to test them out and don't think i ever thought they were decent headphones, 100$ Sony MDR-7506, M40X sounds better than 399.95 beats pro. As fashion accessories and unboxing experience is really good but actual use, they sound bad.  My experience was with the newest beats pro. 

5 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

I guess its subjective but don't think i heard a single person said anything bad about about the m50x, especially for the price( taking sound quality wise). Beats on the other hand, i buy a pair every 5 years to test them out and don't think i ever thought they were decent headphones, 100$ Sony MDR-7506, M40X sounds better than 399.95 beats pro. As fashion accessories and unboxing experience is really good but actual use, they sound bad.  My experience was with the newest beats pro. 

Oh dude they are pretty hated all around the audiophile community. They are very sharp ,muddy and aggressive.

The only one positive thing the Beats 3 has is the looks but I see Beats are using confusing numbers... The real Beats 3 or Beats Studio 3? The latter has the looks but when it comes to audio, they got the right Beat to be Beaten up :D  You can get a much better than this overpriced piece of shit. Beats is a popular brand thanks by the name.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

17 hours ago, hix123 said:

Hey guys I was looking up at headphones lately and I saw the Beats studio 3 for 230CAD (about 180usd) at bestbuy, I never been much of a beats guy but it really seems like it's a good deal. I would of never paid 400CAD for them as it's overpriced for what they are but at 230...

Are they as bad as some people say ? I kind of think they sound good and look good for that discounted price.

Please any advices ?

Try them first and see what you think regarding sound and comfort. You ain't getting a better price than that I think. Beats were never comfortable to me though, my ears are super sensitive and unless it doesn't touch the years I can't wear for more than 10 min without feeling pain. The Studio line nowadays is way better than it used to be. There are still better options out there, but not at that price with similar functionalities.

Ended up going with ATH-WS990BT thanks people !

On 1/8/2020 at 2:28 AM, hix123 said:

Please any advices ?

You're in Canada? Great. You can go to Visions Electronics and get a better deal. They sell NAD and KEF headphones at rock-bottom prices. 

Anyhow, the Beats Studio 3 ain't that bad! The first gen Beats really sucked. But then Beats got decent i recent years (I wouldn't say "amazing"). For 230 CAD, you get a lot of features. You could do a lot worse TBH. 

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

You're in Canada? Great. You can go to Visions Electronics and get a better deal. They sell NAD and KEF headphones at rock-bottom prices. 

Anyhow, the Beats Studio 3 ain't that bad! The first gen Beats really sucked. But then Beats got decent i recent years (I wouldn't say "amazing"). For 230 CAD, you get a lot of features. You could do a lot worse TBH. 

The solos are ok but the studio 3 are pretty bad the lack anything you want from a beats headphone which is bass. If beats made a good dark or v shaped headphone maybe it wouldnt be bad but it sounds flat and anemic compared to what most people want

3 hours ago, rice guru said:

The solos are ok but the studio 3 are pretty bad the lack anything you want from a beats headphone which is bass. If beats made a good dark or v shaped headphone maybe it wouldnt be bad but it sounds flat and anemic compared to what most people want

Beats seems to target the wide public that care about the looks, bassy sounds and the name. I doubt they'll ever make decent or even better headphones. Beats are for the youth. There are other much better brands than this. But one the thing is for certain: Beats are damn overpriced.

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

36 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Beats seems to target the wide public that care about the looks, bassy sounds and the name. I doubt they'll ever make decent or even better headphones. Beats are for the youth. There are other much better brands than this. But one the thing is for certain: Beats are damn overpriced.

The ironic part is their more recent "studio" models lack in the bass region  which would be ok if they had good resolution elsewhere a like say have revealing mids or highs cause"studio but they are just lacking

6 minutes ago, rice guru said:

The ironic part is their more recent "studio" models lack in the bass region  which would be ok if they had good resolution elsewhere a like say have revealing mids or highs cause"studio but they are just lacking

I'm not sure why they even call it "studio" :/ They look like VIP but sounds like turd.

DAC/AMPs: