Xbox one S Resolution

MrBaker89
Go to solution Solved by dalekphalm,
1 hour ago, MrBaker89 said:

Hello Guys! 

If I set my Xbox one s to 1080p on my 4k TV will it revert to 4k when I play a game like Gears 5 or will it stay as 1080p? 

My thinking is I've noticed abit of frame lag in Gears 5 so was thinking of setting it to 1080p resolution to try and help that.

The One S never renders games in 4K (outside of maybe Pixelart ones at best) - it has (more or less) the same GPU (slightly beefed up) as the original XBO.

The One S added 4K output support (scaled), and 4K support for the UI itself, along with things like Netflix - it was not designed for 4K gaming.

You can output at 1080p instead and just let your TV do the scaling. I'd test both and see which results in less input lag.

Hello Guys! 

If I set my Xbox one s to 1080p on my 4k TV will it revert to 4k when I play a game like Gears 5 or will it stay as 1080p? 

My thinking is I've noticed abit of frame lag in Gears 5 so was thinking of setting it to 1080p resolution to try and help that.

Ryzen 9 7900X

Asrock X670E PG Lightning 

32GB G.Skill 6000mhz DDR5

1TB Samsung 990 Pro 

Rdna 2 iGPU 

The console upscales to 4K, but that is not native 4K. There may be some delay in the upscaling though.

Games on Xbox One S also get upscaled to 4K. While typically smoother and more detailed than native 720p or 1080p, upscaled 4K is not as rich and detailed as native 4K.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/4k-on-xbox-one

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

9 minutes ago, minibois said:

The console upscales to 4K, but that is not native 4K. There may be some delay in the upscaling though.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/4k-on-xbox-one

Thanks for that, I'm gonna have a bit of a play around when I get home, will try 1080p with 4k disabled and then i'll try 1080p with 4k allowed, might try game mode on my tv or change it to pc input.

Ryzen 9 7900X

Asrock X670E PG Lightning 

32GB G.Skill 6000mhz DDR5

1TB Samsung 990 Pro 

Rdna 2 iGPU 

1 hour ago, MrBaker89 said:

Hello Guys! 

The One S never renders games in 4K (outside of maybe Pixelart ones at best) - it has (more or less) the same GPU (slightly beefed up) as the original XBO.

The One S added 4K output support (scaled), and 4K support for the UI itself, along with things like Netflix - it was not designed for 4K gaming.

You can output at 1080p instead and just let your TV do the scaling. I'd test both and see which results in less input lag.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)