Controlling background processes

Does anyone know of a good program for controlling processes in background so its not taking up all my ram while I play games?

4 minutes ago, Torchoftruth said:

Does anyone know of a good program for controlling processes in background so its not taking up all my ram while I play games?

What background processes? From the get go windows is running with game mode which limit backround processes while gaming. If you got 8gb or less, you might want to upgrade to 16gb.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

no theres an intelligent program that stops all processes not needed in the background , i was just hoping someone had the name of it, its intelligent something... because windows has to much useless crap running that effects performance

Just now, DoctorNick said:

What background processes? From the get go windows is running with game mode which limit backround processes while gaming. If you got less than 8gb, you might want to upgrade to 16gb.

That's not really possible. No program can take control of the memory another program is using (for security reasons, among other things). Windows should already favor foreground applications, meaning it will try to move the memory used by background processes to swap space when possible.

There is a way to configure it to favor programs over background processes, but that is the default (unless you're running a server edition of Windows): https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/2-ways-to-set-cpu-priority-to-prefer-foreground-apps.html.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

2 minutes ago, Torchoftruth said:

no theres an intelligent program that stops all processes not needed in the background , i was just hoping someone had the name of it, its intelligent something... because windows has to much useless crap running that effects performance

You can simply disable all the services you don't need (Open start menu and type "services.msc"). Just make sure you don't stop/disable something essential.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

4 minutes ago, Torchoftruth said:

thanks.

Or go to task manager and stop all programs you don't want to start  crtl+shift+esc -> start and services is also lacated there.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.