A technical Challenge: Identiry wifi block device interrupting Ring cameras & network Monitoring

I don't know exactly where this would fall under exactly. So. Due to the nature of this topic. I need to limit the amount of information I give to you guys because I'm doing this for my love ones. The best I could describe their problem is a "Hollywood hacker" event. 

Goals:

1. Is there a device/software that can detect a Wifi Blocking device/software? If so, can i identify the serial number or use like a metal detector to find the source of the problem?
  2. Without a direct line to the router, is there a method to prevent the Wifi blocker/software from interrupting the wifi signal?

I'm aware that I could use a raspberry pi to monitor websites remotely but I'm trying to do more than just see the list of websites visited. I just started finding information today but I could use as much information as you guys can provide because I'm pretty sure I'm facing peeps doing everything they can to find loop holes in the system. 

Edited by Dexterous Fox

-A Stone Cold Fox

1-) Wifi is a signal, it cant be "blocked" with software, software on the source of the signal can filter who will receive packets and who wont. No, you cant use metal detector to find "source of the problem."

2-) First of all read how 802.11 protocol works. Second part of your question, if there is a signal jammer you can build a device to detect where its emitting signal from (using a SDR).

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

What about you describe what the problem is and then we can try help? So the Ring cameras is falling of the network or what is happening?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

so.. what i'm gathering here.. is that you want to raise an alarm if the cameras' wifi connection gets interrupted?

that's be easy, just set up a central device somewhere on the network, make it ping the vareous cameras' IP addresses, and when the ping doesnt respond (or responds slower than expected), it raises an alarm.

as for a means of protecting yourself from wifi blocking gear.. either turn your house into a farraday cage (and even then still, your microwave is a great jammer), or run cables.

30 minutes ago, Dexterous Fox said:

Goals:

1. Is there a device/software that can detect a Wifi Blocking device/software? If so, can i identify the serial number or use like a metal detector to find the source of the problem?
  2. Without a direct line to the router, is there a method to prevent the Wifi blocker/software from interrupting the wifi signal?

1) A Wi-Fi jammer is most likely just going to produce white noise, meaning it isn't going to send any identifying information that you could use to find out its serial number. Since it is sending out signals, you can detect its presence with an antenna that receives signals on the appropriate wave length(s). You can pinpoint its location with triangulation. Keep in mind that Wi-Fi jammers tend to be illegal in many places and not something your average consumer has lying around.

2) Not really, due to the nature of wireless signals. If you try to block out interference, you're most likely going to block your own signals, too. Unless, like manikyath said, you put everything in a faraday cage that is big enough to envelop your home :D

Your best bet is something like Nagios, i.e. a network monitoring tool that can be used to monitor whether devices on your network are (un)reachable. You should be able to set it up to send you an alarm (e.g. email, SMS, notification, …) if one or more of your cameras aren't reachable for a certain amount of time. You could probably build something similar by pinging your cameras constantly and raise an alarm when a certain number of consecutive pings doesn't go through (build in some tolerance, due to the nature of Wi-Fi).

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply