TR 1920X won't Turbo??

I have a Threadripper 1920X on an Asrock X399 Fatal1ty Professional Gaming running UnRAID 6.8.0. Everything booted up just fine and is be having as expected with the exception of the CPU frequency. The board is on BIOS vP3.50 and all settings are stock except for the memory XMP profile. When in UnRAID (kernel version 4.19.88) the CPU will only go to 3.5GHz (base frequency).

I have checked /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy# and scaling_max_freq, cpuinfo_max_freq, and bios_limit all report 3.5GHz. cpb reports 1, so turbo is recognized and enabled. I am at a loss for what could be causing this. I’m not sure if it is motherboard or OS limiting it. Has anyone seen something like this with this board?

3 minutes ago, xl3b4n0nx said:

If it's hitting every core it should just run at the base frequency.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

The board is most likely fine. It's kind of common when using different OSs to observe different boost frequencies. Different BIOS versions can sometimes make this better or worse. I would try disabling the underclock/undervolt feature in the BIOS. If it still reports at only base frequency it could simply be a mis-reading. Some CPUs and OSs don't have the best compatibility where little things like CPU frequency aren't reported correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 11:39 PM, Streetguru said:

If it's hitting every core it should just run at the base frequency.

I am not stressing the CPU on all cores. I'm just letting it idle and it never goes above 3.5GHz. I have tried the system in Windows and it boosts just fine.