DDR4 issue

Ok so Bois update helped. Now will run at a manual overclock to 3600 with more DDR voltage and 1800mhz IF. Wonder if the XMP profile will be better. 

DSC_0237.JPG

XMP profile loaded. And working so bios update worked. What do u think to lease. I noticed latency is still slow but faster than it's been 

DSC_0239.JPG

DSC_0238.JPG

Yea update the bios should make a world of difference

Edit... Phone didnt update the thread for me!! Haha.

Looks really good.

Cool. 

Looks like IF unlinked. Thats ok, but better performance if linked.

See if 3600 will boot now at 16s with IF linked.

20 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yea update the bios should make a world of difference

Edit... Phone didnt update the thread for me!! Haha.

Looks really good.

Cool. 

Looks like IF unlinked. Thats ok, but better performance if linked.

See if 3600 will boot now at 16s with IF linked.

This is with IF at same speed I think 1800mhz, and I did try all the settings again but didn't boot. Maybe could I try leaving it 3600 and just do 16 16 16 36? And leave the rest?

Yep. Tweak and test.

I didnt know you was only a early bios. I should have asked.

Forgive my mistakes, its hard to remember most people are really new to this lol.

9 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yep. Tweak and test.

I didnt know you was only a early bios. I should have asked.

Forgive my mistakes, its hard to remember most people are really new to this lol.

Well I did check when I got the board but due to old horror stories I though i would leave the bios. It's x570 so 3rd gen ready out the box but the bios I had want even listed on asrock web site. It was bios 1.60. it's now 2.20. and it looks different and the ram voltage is now below the ram MHz of menu and before was in the timings. Small overall. 

Well that's good to hear. ANd yes they will change stuff in the settings as you've noticed, not always for the better.....

But you should be seing much better performance coming from a 98ns latency to mid 70's. That's a really decent improvement. 

8 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Well that's good to hear. ANd yes they will change stuff in the settings as you've noticed, not always for the better.....

But you should be seing much better performance coming from a 98ns latency to mid 70's. That's a really decent improvement. 

So been looking at my numbers on modules and done abit of googling. Found this. What u make of it?

https://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/794999-Corsair-Vengeance-Pro-RGB-2x8GB-DDR4-3600-CL18-CMW16GX4M2D3600C18

Any of these safe/with trying?

5 hours ago, Leon86 said:

So been looking at my numbers on modules and done abit of googling. Found this. What u make of it?

https://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/794999-Corsair-Vengeance-Pro-RGB-2x8GB-DDR4-3600-CL18-CMW16GX4M2D3600C18

Any of these safe/with trying?

As the thread reads at OCF, Woomack states right from the get go, most overclocker enthusiasts wont buy that memory because the relaxed timings, which is true when looking for high speed memory.

Most budget memory is difficult to work with, some not too bad.

I do encourage you to start a thread there at OCF, Woomack really does extensive testing. Hes probably tested much more DDR4 than I have, many times used his threads for reference.

2 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

As the thread reads at OCF, Woomack states right from the get go, most overclocker enthusiasts wont buy that memory because the relaxed timings, which is true when looking for high speed memory.

Most budget memory is difficult to work with, some not too bad.

I do encourage you to start a thread there at OCF, Woomack really does extensive testing. Hes probably tested much more DDR4 than I have, many times used his threads for reference.

So am I reading it right that this memory same as his thread will run at 4666mhz? And is the trade of worth it with heat and risk of damaging modules. I'm wondering what benefit u would get at that speed and is it worth it. And would the IF still be at 1800?

6 hours ago, Leon86 said:

So am I reading it right that this memory same as his thread will run at 4666mhz? And is the trade of worth it with heat and risk of damaging modules. I'm wondering what benefit u would get at that speed and is it worth it. And would the IF still be at 1800?

He tested 12 sets of memory. Well above voltages anyone here would suggest to you a daily user.

1.7v 18-24-24 at 4666 is no joke. Definitely not for the in-experienced folk.

The Infinity fabric would be un-linked for sure. Again, this IF term is a replacement for Hyper Transport or a different variation of HT if you will. 

We all know from the past, that overclocking HT, nets pretty small gains.

Memory speed brings higher bandwidth.

Even higher Cpu speed brings higher memory bandwidth (lessening the bottle neck) and reduces latency.