DDR4 issue

So I've just built a new pc specs as follows...

Amd ryzen 3600x

Corsair vengeance pro rgb 3600 kit (2x8gb)edited*

Asrock x570 phantom 4

Adata 512gb m.2

4tb hdd

Issue is I noticed the ram speed was 2133mhz on first boot. I know this is what happens, so I used the XMP profile ( ONLY ONE XMP OPTION) so I used this to raise the speed to its box rated speed of 3600mhz. This failed to boot so I did a manual overclock to 3200 and this was fine, am I doin something wrong as I'd like to run it at 3600mhz as I did pay extra for this speed. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Isn't it the case that 3600 mhz XMP is only guaranteed if the RAM you bought is advertised at 3600 mhz? I believe 3200 mhz RAM is not guaranteed and is overclocked to that speed, which may or may not succeed. 

The Daily Driver:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC  |  48GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600  | Corsair 750D Case
AsRock X570 Pro 4 mobo

iRacing Sim Rig:

i5-10600k @ 5.0 GHz  |  EVGA GTX 1080ti Hybrid  | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600  |  Corsair Air 540 Case
ASUS Z490-E ROG Strix mobo

17 minutes ago, Leon86 said:

So I've just built a new pc specs as follows...

Amd ryzen 3600x

Corsair vengeance pro rgb 3200 kit (2x8gb)

Asrock x570 phantom 4

Adata 512gb m.2

4tb hdd

Issue is I noticed the ram speed was 2133mhz on first boot. I know this is what happens, so I used the XMP profile ( ONLY ONE XMP OPTION) so I used this to raise the speed to its box rated speed of 3600mhz. This failed to boot so I did a manual overclock to 3200 and this was fine, am I doin something wrong as I'd like to run it at 3600mhz as I did pay extra for this speed. Any help appreciated. Thanks

your post says you bought 3200 mhz Ram and that's what it will run at. Your CPU is a 3600 not the memory.

ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570**AMD Ryzen 5800X**16G Corsair Vengence RGB 3600Mhz **ASUS Strix RX6700XT OC**Corsair H150i RGB Platinum AIO**Samsung 2-2TB 970 EVO Plus m.2**2-860 2 1/2 EVO 1Tb SSD's**Creative Sound Blaster Z**Corsair HX1200i PSU w/Black sleeved corsair Cables**Corsair 5000D Airflow**BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144Hz 27"**BenQ XL2720Z 27"**Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard**Roccat Kave 5.1 Gaming headset,Roccat Kone Pure Black Gaming mouse**Windows 10 PRO

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

7 minutes ago, Earnhardt said:

your post says you bought 3200 mhz Ram and that's what it will run at. Your CPU is a 3600 not the memory.

Sorry yes your right. Was a typo. The ram is definitely 3600mhz kit. 

1 minute ago, Leon86 said:

Sorry yes your right. Was a typo. The ram is definitely 3600mhz kit. 

You need to remember that is still overclocking , they may advertise it as a 3600 but it’s not guaranteed it’ll work at that speeds. You can always rma it and try another set, but tbh this may be caused by the cpu as well.

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

AHH that's to bad. I was really hoping to run at 3600mhz, it also runs on the next speed up that I think is like 3433mhz or around there. It's prob worth noting that in cpuz the XMP profile stated that the ram voltage is boosted on a 3600mhz speed. So I went to the bios to see if this voltage did change with the profile and it did but as said before fails to boot. Is there now way to make this work, and would it be something to do with the Samsung b-die and me maybe not having a set of ram with those chips? 

5 minutes ago, Whiro said:

You need to remember that is still overclocking , they may advertise it as a 3600 but it’s not guaranteed it’ll work at that speeds. You can always rma it and try another set, but tbh this may be caused by the cpu as well.

Or the Motherboard

ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570**AMD Ryzen 5800X**16G Corsair Vengence RGB 3600Mhz **ASUS Strix RX6700XT OC**Corsair H150i RGB Platinum AIO**Samsung 2-2TB 970 EVO Plus m.2**2-860 2 1/2 EVO 1Tb SSD's**Creative Sound Blaster Z**Corsair HX1200i PSU w/Black sleeved corsair Cables**Corsair 5000D Airflow**BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144Hz 27"**BenQ XL2720Z 27"**Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard**Roccat Kave 5.1 Gaming headset,Roccat Kone Pure Black Gaming mouse**Windows 10 PRO

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just now, Earnhardt said:

Or the Motherboard

The motherboard does say compatibility with speeds over 4000+MHz?

AHH that's to bad. I was really hoping to run at 3600mhz, it also runs on the next speed up that I think is like 3433mhz or around there. It's prob worth noting that in cpuz the XMP profile stated that the ram voltage is boosted on a 3600mhz speed. So I went to the bios to see if this voltage did change with the profile and it did but as said before fails to boot. Is there now way to make this work, and would it be something to do with the Samsung b-die and me maybe not having a set of ram with those chips? 

Run Thaipoon Burner and check your Ram .My 3200Mhz Kit is samsung B dies .I am running them at 14 13 13 28 1T

2 minutes ago, Leon86 said:

I need a picture of the stick on the ram, a cpu-z mem and spd tab screen shot.

Then I need a screen shot of the stock Jedec profile the board posts automatically.

Let's see what you are really working with.

The motherboard does say compatibility with speeds over 4000+MHz?

Screenshot_20200107-040353.png

1 minute ago, Earnhardt said:

Run Thaipoon Burner and check your Ram .My 3200Mhz Kit is samsung B dies .I am running them at 14 13 13 28 1T

he does not have b-dies..... SK hynix at best. 

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I need a picture of the stick on the ram, a cpu-z mem and spd tab screen shot.

Then I need a screen shot of the stock Jedec profile the board posts automatically.

Let's see what you are really working with.

What's the jedec profile?

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

he does not have b-dies..... SK hynix at best. 

Ah,but he might,I am running Corsair RGB Vengence RGB Pro 3200 Timing 16-18-18-36.However Mine are B dies and are running 14-13-13-28 timings.these can come with both hynix and samsungs as well

There are several Jedec profiles that are different timings the board posts stock.

So at 2133 is it 15-15-15? / 15-17-17?

I need the information in order to help you achieve some speed and reduce latency. You want to be IF linked at 3600mhz for sure.

Just now, Earnhardt said:

Ah,but he might,I am running Corsair RGB Vengence RGB Pro 3200 Timing 16-18-18-36.However Mine are B dies and are running 14-13-13-28 timings.these can come with both hynix and samsungs as well

True true...... (samsung b-die desired!)

I know is stunting the CPU bein at 3466mhz what it's on now. I don't have pics of ram ATM as at work but I will be sure to get them soon as I can. Would the box for the ram have the s/n u need? 

If it helps I'm sure of memory my cas latency is 18??

5 minutes ago, Leon86 said:

If it helps I'm sure of memory my cas latency is 18??

Yea Corsair XMP latency of 18. The 100$ (u.s.) kit.

It'll be tough to get 3600mhz stable with that memory if the above is true my friend. 

2 things you can do.

1. return the memory and buy some that has 3600mhz with timings of 16-16-16

2. You try and tune that memory to 3600mhz from 3200mhz.

6 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yea Corsair XMP latency of 18. The 100$ (u.s.) kit.

It'll be tough to get 3600mhz stable with that memory if the above is true my friend. 

2 things you can do.

1. return the memory and buy some that has 3600mhz with timings of 16-16-16

2. You try and tune that memory to 3600mhz from 3200mhz.

I paid £85 for the kit. It was the only 3600 kit they had. All the other was 3200. Small local shop

I will post pics of the original mem speed in bios with timings and the mentions cpuz pics and maybe this will help with the timings I can dial in. Never had a uefi Bois before or ever played with timings. Thanks guys. 

1 hour ago, geo3 said:

Are you setting the DRAM voltage also? The default is 1.2 but it likely needs 1.35 to run at 3600Mhz. You can also try more SOC voltage, like 1.1v. And maybe update your BIOS to the latest if it's not already.

I did already check to see if the XMP profile changed the voltage, and it does. Very strange

push your dram voltage higher. try with 1.36, 1.37 etc. until it posts. you can go up to a max 1.45