Trying to install hdd to Lenovo Ideapad L340-15IRH

Aksavi

Hello,

I need help, so i basically have this laptop for about 6 months.

And it had 256 ssd on it but space is too small for me so i bought hdd and tryed to install it, but i got into problem that i dont really have any experiance on upgrading laptops.

So could anyone atleast what i need to buy before installing it, or guide me trough i would be very thankful.

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad L340-15IRH Gaming, 15.6" FullHD IPS/ i5-9300H/ RAM 8GB/ SSD 256GB/ GTX1050 3GB/ 81LK00GTLT

Website where i bought it from(Its from lithuanian website): Click me!

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Trevor87 said:

Here you go mate :) 

Seen it, its not i think same models as i have, it dont have that case that he is using and at that place where he is replacing hdd i think m.2 is on the way or smth as i have researched :D

Let’s take a step back here and explain the issue with the SSD, maybe there is another route we can take?

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Click me!

As we can see here on the 3th photo that what i see when i open up the inside of the laptop, and when i seen the reviews and read some stuff this laptop is upgradable and its possible to install hdd, but i cant really find any guides.

2 minutes ago, Trevor87 said:

This your modle ? 

Yes, i have basically the same 

28 minutes ago, Aksavi said:

Click me!

As we can see here on the 3th photo that what i see when i open up the inside of the laptop, and when i seen the reviews and read some stuff this laptop is upgradable and its possible to install hdd, but i cant really find any guides.

Quote people or tag them if you want them to respond to you. What exactly is the problem? Here is a quote from that article you linked : So, let’s start with the storage – there is one obvious M.2 NVMe-enabled drive. However, just beneath it, there is a SATA connector on the motherboard that is used to connect a 2.5″ drive (you can see the mounting points to the left of the M.2 SSD).

Those mounting points are clearly visible in the photos.

Capturek.JPG

38 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Quote people or tag them if you want them to respond to you. What exactly is the problem? Here is a quote from that article you linked : So, let’s start with the storage – there is one obvious M.2 NVMe-enabled drive. However, just beneath it, there is a SATA connector on the motherboard that is used to connect a 2.5″ drive (you can see the mounting points to the left of the M.2 SSD).

Those mounting points are clearly visible in the photos.

Capturek.JPG

Yes i see but is it possible to anyway to have ssd and hdd at the same time?

30 minutes ago, Aksavi said:

ssd and hdd at the same time?

Yes. You remove nvme drive, plug sata connector, screw nvme back in, then plug the other end of sata connector into the 2,5' drive then mount the drive to the mounting points with screws and you are done. You might need an adapter to screw that hdd in.Jei angliškai neaišku, numesk PM, paaiškinsiu lietuviškai.

• 3 months later...

Sveikas turiu toki pati pc irgi 256 mazokai. Pavyko isidet hdd? Gal vietoz antram sdd? Gal galetum numest link iskur pirkai hdd

11 minutes ago, Rokas123 said:

Sveikas turiu toki pati pc irgi 256 mazokai. Pavyko isidet hdd? Gal vietoz antram sdd?

pm parašyk man, paaiškinsiu.