Help - Nintendo Switch

subesh890

I bought a new Nintendo Switch today. I'm pretty certain that it is the v2 as I bought the one with a red background on the box. As I was looking stuff up about the device, I found out that the serial number on the v2 switches start with XKW but my switch's serial number starts with XKJ. I am a bit confused as to what the deal with that is. I tried searching for answers but couldn't find anything conclusive about the matter. Any help will be appreciated.

* thread moved to the Console Gaming section *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

If the model number has a "(01)" at the end, it's the new model. You can find it on the back of the switch.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

Appreciate the answer but it's (-01) not (01). I researched a lot and finally concluded that the best way to conclusively say that a model is the v2 is to check the serial number and if it starts with XK then it is the v2. So many websites confused me by saying v2 starts with XKW. I think that's true for American regions not the rest of the world as I found two Germans with the same issue as me.

(Source https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Switch/How-to-Identify-Nintendo-Switch-Consoles-With-Improved-Battery-Life-1671732.html )

19 hours ago, subesh890 said:

Appreciate the answer but it's (-01) not (01). I researched a lot and finally concluded that the best way to conclusively say that a model is the v2 is to check the serial number and if it starts with XK then it is the v2. So many websites confused me by saying v2 starts with XKW. I think that's true for American regions not the rest of the world as I found two Germans with the same issue as me.

(Source https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Switch/How-to-Identify-Nintendo-Switch-Consoles-With-Improved-Battery-Life-1671732.html )

Same difference, I was recalling from memory. You don't need to analyze serial numbers, just look for the 01 in parentheses. 

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20