NVIDIA unveils a 360Hz refresh rate ASUS ROG Swift Monitor w/ G-Sync

60Hz = 16.66ms

144Hz = 6.94ms (improvement of 9.72ms)

240Hz = 4.16ms (improvement of 2.78ms)

360Hz = 2.77ms (improvement of 1.39ms)

If you can barely tell the difference between 144Hz and 240Hz then going from 240Hz to 360Hz will make even less difference, and thats only assuming the numbers above. When you count in the other factors like pixel response time, FPS and frame time variation during gameplay (because you will never get perfectly stable 360FPS with evenly spread 2.77ms frame times), etc... the difference will be even less.

Its still awesome though.

9 hours ago, WereCat said:

60Hz = 16.66ms

144Hz = 6.94ms (improvement of 9.72ms)

240Hz = 4.16ms (improvement of 2.78ms)

360Hz = 2.77ms (improvement of 1.39ms)

If you can barely tell the difference between 144Hz and 240Hz then going from 240Hz to 360Hz will make even less difference, and thats only assuming the numbers above. When you count in the other factors like pixel response time, FPS and frame time variation during gameplay (because you will never get perfectly stable 360FPS with evenly spread 2.77ms frame times), etc... the difference will be even less.

Its still awesome though.

I can see the difference between 240 and 144 pretty easily in fast movements like turning around and whatnot. It is also much more noticeable when going from 240 back to 144 so much so that I find it hard to go back even for higher fidelity. Yeah it might not be as jarring as 60 to 144 but I still think it is significant and I think 360hz should help with motion blur which would be huge as it 240hz you still have some motion blur when turning really fast. 

I haven't really watched the videos or read all that much about it, but I have some questions. If they're gonna sell this anytime soon, how are they gonna connect it to the pc? iirc, the latest displayport only has a max refresh rate of 240hz. How would it handle 360hz?

17 minutes ago, Retro_R said:

I haven't really watched the videos or read all that much about it, but I have some questions. If they're gonna sell this anytime soon, how are they gonna connect it to the pc? iirc, the latest displayport only has a max refresh rate of 240hz. How would it handle 360hz?

Didn’t even think of that.  Yet another cable standard.  I’ll laugh my butt off if HDMI manages it but they can’t do it with a DisplayPort update.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.