MSI 1070 TI

2x8g corsair vengeance

MSI z170A Pro Carbon motherboard

Corsair H100i Aio

Samsung 950 pro m.2 256gb

Some Toshiba 3TB HDD

Asus MG248 144Hz 1920 x 1080

Problems,

Terrible lag when playing shooting games like BFV or Overwatch, Modern Warfare and also World of Warcraft. I only get about 80 frames on about medium on these games and get drastic frame drop stutter lag, especially when aiming around it is very noticeable as it impacts my ability to aim. I have tried playing with the setting and even and low setting these game tend to not run smooth. I will say that I am consistently at 100% cpu usage and around 30% Gpu usage at medium settings. I feel my 6700k at 4.4GHz should not be bottlenecking a 1070ti (but maybe im wrong).

Mentions,

I also tend to crash randomly on Modern Warfare with a Memory Error.

I am just looking for any help before i go out and waste money buying a new CPU and motherboard. Anything helps, and I can try to provide more information if you guys need.

Thanks,

Elias

Is there something running in the background that eats up your CPU? Whats your usage at idle? 

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

2 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Is there something running in the background that eats up your CPU? Whats your usage at idle? 

10-20%

1 minute ago, Tavzz said:

10-20%

That is a little high. Normally it should be around 5-7% max.  Try finding what is causing that much CPU usage at idle.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

2 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

That is a little high. Normally it should be around 5-7% max.  Try finding what is causing that much CPU usage at idle.

"Microsoft Software Protection" is about 18% and just comes back after i end task.

Clean installing windows would probably fix all your problems at once.

CPU usage, memory erorrs, etc.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Clean installing windows would probably fix all your problems at once.

CPU usage, memory erorrs, etc.

That's a good possibility considering my windows was a Educational edition that has ended and it says I need to "activate windows"

1 minute ago, Tavzz said:

That's a good possibility considering my windows was a Educational edition that has ended and it says I need to "activate windows"

Could also help if you go into Windows Defender and turn off Real Time scanning and see if it drops your CPU usage.  That's usually one of the causes of high legitimate CPU usages (ie not a virus).

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

2 minutes ago, Tavzz said:

Would recommend using windows home.

Also, apparently it's free now.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

11 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Would recommend using windows home.

Also, apparently it's free now.

I can only find it for like 110$ plus i need an activation key

(i have never installed OS)

3 minutes ago, Tavzz said:

If you don't mind not strictly legal but legit keys, you can get them for like $5 or less.  They're not legal in the sense the keys were never meant to be sold, but they're legit in the sense the keys do come from Microsoft.  And you don't need to activate Windows if you don't want to either, all you lose out is customizing your wallpaper and other UI customizations.

Just now, Samfisher said:

If you don't mind not strictly legal but legit keys, you can get them for like $5 or less.  They're not legal in the sense the keys were never meant to be sold, but they're legit in the sense the keys do come from Microsoft.

I have tried that, but it  didnt accept it because the version installed on my computer is a Education version of windows 10 so any home key doesnt work, So i would assume i have to reinstall windows home/pro to replace my education. Then activate with a key.

6 minutes ago, Tavzz said:

You can install and use it whout activating it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

You can install and use it whout activating it.

from where?

3 minutes ago, Tavzz said:

I have tried that, but it  didnt accept it because the version installed on my computer is a Education version of windows 10 so any home key doesnt work, So i would assume i have to reinstall windows home/pro to replace my education. Then activate with a key.

Yes you would need to reinstall Windows.  And you can just download the Win10 ISO from Microsoft themselves and just make a bootable USB drive.  Enderman above has provided a link.

2 minutes ago, Tavzz said:

from where?

I posted the link, just use a USB drive and run the tool.

Spoiler