Build Question

Linked below is the part list for my build that I plan on getting.

let me know what you think i should change, this is my 2nd pc build and the first one was 6+ years ago

also do you think the memory will fit into it correctly ive heard of some memory being to gurthy for some motherboards.

What is this build for? Gaming/steaming or video editing?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

4 hours ago, PopsicleHustler said:

What is this build for? Gaming/steaming or video editing?

Mainly just a solid gaming build

What about this? I swapped for AMD Ryzen 7 3700x and beefy X570 board. Its much better platform in terms of value which also leaves you with a future upgrade path. At 1440p 3700x will perform exactly the same as 9900k while being much cheaper.

As for the cooler, I always prefer high end air coolers to water coolers because there is just so many things that can go wrong with water coolers. Besides, Dark Rock Pro 4 will still allow you to overclock the CPU to the moon and beyond. I know that for a fact because I have i7 8700k non delidded, overclocked to 5Ghz and running around 70-75C under heavy loads. So don't worry about cooling.

I also dropped to 16 gigs of RAM because currently even most demanding games don't require that much RAM. 

And obviously the biggest change is from 2070S to 2080S. Bigger, more powerful card. More performance, more FPS while keeping the same price of the entire build. Questions?

Everything else I've left the same. Personally I would've dropped to Meshify C. You will drop another 50 bucks and still get a great case with great cooling. I would do that and invest those 50 dollars into a set of fans for the case.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

19 hours ago, PopsicleHustler said:

What about this? I swapped for AMD Ryzen 7 3700x and beefy X570 board. Its much better platform in terms of value which also leaves you with a future upgrade path. At 1440p 3700x will perform exactly the same as 9900k while being much cheaper.

As for the cooler, I always prefer high end air coolers to water coolers because there is just so many things that can go wrong with water coolers. Besides, Dark Rock Pro 4 will still allow you to overclock the CPU to the moon and beyond. I know that for a fact because I have i7 8700k non delidded, overclocked to 5Ghz and running around 70-75C under heavy loads. So don't worry about cooling.

I also dropped to 16 gigs of RAM because currently even most demanding games don't require that much RAM. 

And obviously the biggest change is from 2070S to 2080S. Bigger, more powerful card. More performance, more FPS while keeping the same price of the entire build. Questions?

Everything else I've left the same. Personally I would've dropped to Meshify C. You will drop another 50 bucks and still get a great case with great cooling. I would do that and invest those 50 dollars into a set of fans for the case.

So what do you mean by “upgrade path” because the main point of me putting this amount into the computer is so that I won’t have to make any upgrade for years. 

5 hours ago, Beast Code said:

So what do you mean by “upgrade path” because the main point of me putting this amount into the computer is so that I won’t have to make any upgrade for years. 

Exactly what I mean. Some years later you will have an option to buy newer, more powerful CPU without changing the  motherboard.